Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Audiobooks limited to one device?

Audiobooks limited to one device?

Plan

Premium Family (plan manager)

Country

USA

My Question or Issue

I seem to not be able to play audiobooks on multiple devices. I've already tried signing in and out over and over, putting the devices on the same wifi network so they'll sync together, and even telling the audiobook to play on the other device from the one it's unlocked on. The last one works occasionally, but I can't save the chapters for offline listening that way. Attached are screenshots from my two devices, on the same audiobook that I was listening to a couple days ago.

This is specifically for included in premium audiobooks. Please don't give solutions pertaining to purchased audiobooks.

Screenshot_20240708-110310.png
Screenshot_20240708_110354_Spotify.jpg
1 Reply

Hey @Melaharmony,

Thanks for reaching out!

Let's go over the troubleshooting steps that can help here as we try to resolve this issue for you 🙂

1. Make sure you're logged in with the Family manager account - you have already logged in and out but it's a good idea to doublecheck this first! 
    To do so - tap on your profile picture -> go to Settings -> tap on Account.
  2. After confirming that the account is the same, see if switching the playback device via Connect would work.
  3. In case it fails to play/ save, try removing the app's cached data from the device the audiobook is not working on.

Tip: Removing the cached data will temporarily remove your offline content as well. It will redownload the next time you open the app, depending on your download data settings.

If the issue persists even after performing the abovementioned steps, try going for a complete clean reinstall of the app.

Keep us posted on how things go! 

VasilModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts