Premium

Country

Canada

Device

(Pixel 4a, Windows 10 App, Website)

Operating System

(Android 13, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

Why is the Spotify playlist, Calm before the Storm, gone? Searching for it in the app and website only bring up user created playlists. The link to the playlsit, I included below, which Google still has indexed and is referenced in many places online, gives an error page.

Please bring back this playlist.

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/37i9dQZF1DWWTdxbiocWOL

7 Replies

Yes!! Please Spotify, bring back this playlist. My son and I listen to it every week on "boys night", while we mine and craft.

Hey folks,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome.

We could find the mentioned playlist on our side, by typing its name in the search bar and filtering through playlists. You can use this link to locate it. Just to confirm, are you able to see the other of these mixes in the Made for you section? It'd be awesome if you could check. To do it, go to search> Made for you. This is the same flow for both mobile devices and the desktop app.

On another note, we'd like to add some insights. Keep in mind that this kind of playlist is autogenerated and personalized, and it's expected they update regularly. If you can see other niche playlists in the Made for you section, then hopefully the Calm before the storm one will reappear soon there.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

That is not the same playlist as the one that disappeared earlier this week. There was an official Calm Before The Storm playlist that was created by Spotify, rather than a mix as the one you linked to is. Why was the curated playlist that chrisdmrose linked to removed?

Just to second what steamboaat said; this is not the same playlist!

Here's an archive link to the removed playlist: https://web.archive.org/web/20230315033146/https://open.spotify.com/playlist/37i9dQZF1DWWTdxbiocWOL

Notice its made by Spotify, has its own fancy cover, and a description. This is not some auto-generated mix, like the one you've linked.

The questions remain unanswered: why was this playlist removed? When will you bring it back?

Hey there folks,

Thanks for raising this with us on the Community!

The playlists curated by Spotify updates regularly - sometimes you may see new tracks being added to a list you're following or you may notice that you can no longer find a playlist you listened to before.

We appreciate your feedback on this, and we'll keep our fingers crossed a similar one will appear again in the future.

Cheers!

MariaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Or maybe, we can un-delete that curated playlist?

This has been my go-to-playlist for focused work every day for like 4 years (PhD student). Why can't it be brought back?

Somethings don't have to be switched up, especially not the most popular ones.

Suggested posts