Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Copyrights Infringement Of My Personally Curated Playlist

Solved!

Copyrights Infringement Of My Personally Curated Playlist

I have curated a public playlist for myself with the name "English Tops Hits Of All Time" which gained sudden popularity and now has over 200,000 likes. Many artists wanted me to add their songs in the playlist, but due to personal reasons, I refused to do so. Now, they have false reported my playlist which has caused the title and cover art to be removed. I faced the same issue during April 2022 which was later resolved. I want this issue to be resolved immediately and I am also very eager to know about how to protect my playlist from getting falsely reported in the future as many of my followers are upset about this frequent problem.
To add to this few users have copied my playlist entirely by which I mean the title, cover art, content and description too. I want these fake playlists to be taken down immediately as it is an act of copyright infringement.
I want these two, very important problems to be looked into seriously and therefore be resolved as soon as possible.

Link To My Original Playlist - 
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/6IdR78TOog83PV4XhLDvWN?si=07b72f68a4f44e6d

Link To The Copied Playlists
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/4QhgBEPbMzD3Ca1IGVSktf?si=971f67f4172b4ad0

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/3hOpojP1FiupKaWmwCND34?si=7e505e10129e46e2

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey folks,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

@kaworu_bloodpaw thank you also for sending the steps to make a report. 

@Amitnandan_Suresh16, unfortunately, we don't have a current process about false reports, but the relevant team is already working on it. If you want to show your support, we'd recommend adding your vote to this idea by hitting the "thumbs up" button. We'd also suggest checking it's status for more info. Any relevant updates will be posted there.

In case anything else comes up, remember that the Community will be here for you. 

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hi,

To report content on Spotify, open the context menu on the playlist you wish to report, and click report. You can then report the playlist as dangerous, deceptive, or sensitive images, visuals, playlists (image, description, or title), or other descriptive text, or you can send a copyright claim using the link at the top-middle of the report page.

Good luck!

kaworu_bloodpaw_0-1675714823972.png

Hey!
I am extremely thankful to you for taking out your time and assisting me with the copyrights issue. I have duly followed the steps mentioned by you and I have sent a legal claim for the same issue. 
I would be glad to here from you about the false reporting problem too.
Thank You.
Amitnandan Suresh

Hi,

Unfortunately, there's nothing I can do about the false reporting. A Spotify Star or staff member would need to help you with that.

Good luck!

Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with Spotify
Marked as solution

Hey folks,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

@kaworu_bloodpaw thank you also for sending the steps to make a report. 

@Amitnandan_Suresh16, unfortunately, we don't have a current process about false reports, but the relevant team is already working on it. If you want to show your support, we'd recommend adding your vote to this idea by hitting the "thumbs up" button. We'd also suggest checking it's status for more info. Any relevant updates will be posted there.

In case anything else comes up, remember that the Community will be here for you. 

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Dearie, Spotify don’t care. They have been ‘working on this’ for years. If you are JR, maybe they will care, but you bring them no revenue, so all you will get are these platitudes. Check out the other community pages and Reddit forums. They aren’t doing anything at all about it. Take it from someone who has been emailing them over and over. Some real solutions are offered on other chats. Which generally include a rebuild and getting off the platform completely.

Copyright infringement? I always thought all content, even my playlists are part of Spotify's content. Now and then i see someone who has copy pasted my playlist. So, i can report them now for doing that? 

I don't know if i will do that. It's sometimes annoying to see someone else 'steal' my playlist idea. Otherwise it's nice to see people are inspired by my creations.

@Amitnandan_Suresh16 : i looked up your playlist on Spotify, but the title is removed. Is that because of the false reports?

My Spotify Profile: Jazzwhatever

Suggested posts