Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Daily mix wont update

Daily mix wont update

My Daily mix lists wont update. There is no issue with Discover weekly. This issue persists over all my units, android and PC. Ive also tried to clear data cache and looking for app updates. Ive also played alot of different music from polish death metal, to dupstep to Eurovision.

Dailies are important to me as I travel alot, and I have them downloaded on my phone. Perfect to update when I brush my teeth at 4 in the morning before heading to the airport and turning on airplane mode.

25 Replies

Mine haven't updated for almost a year, and I have contacted them several times about it. They sincerely just do not care. It manages to make me angry every single day since as soon as I open the desktop app, there they are right at the top of the screen, unchanged. 

Re: Daily Mixes not updating - The Spotify Community

Plan

Free

Country

Australia

Device

Macbook Air M1 and iPhone 12 Pro

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

My Daily mixes won't refresh, i have uninstalled and reinstalled the app on both devices and cleared caches and restarted both device but nothing is working. 

Same issue for over a year now. Did all the same troubleshooting. No
fix. Only fix I can find is starting a new account and moving all my data
over. Seems a bit extreme for a resolution.

vScreenshot_20230802-222932_Spotify.jpg

Screenshot_20230802-222924_Spotify.jpgI Can't the Daily Mix Update on Samsung or Nokia G21 after the Played Track and Go to Sleep Before in the Morning, Daily Mix 1 Should be Update Due to My Error Difficulties, Can We Help Us, Thank You

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your reports about this issue.

In order to get a better grasp of what might be causing this can you tell us the following:

• When exactly did the playlist(s) stop updating?
  • Which exact playlist doesn't update - Daily Mix 1, 2, 3 etc. / All of them / Other Made for You playlist?
  • Are the playlists not updating at all or is only the order of the songs changing while the content is more or less the same?
  • How do you access these playlists - search, home, Made for You section, are you following the playlists?

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Yeah, they showed me one band and I listened to the album a couple of times, liked a couple of songs, and moved on. Same thing I've done with tons of albums. And now I am haunted by this band. Seven of its songs from the same album are on one of my daily mixes right now. I unliked all the songs I'd liked from the band in a vain attempt to get rid of them and skip them when they come on but to no avail. 

I actually liked listening to the daily mixes to find new music because there are a few new songs sprinkled in there and Discover Weekly is absolutely convinced I like emo. I like a little math rock, which is kinda old-school emo-related, and some slackery Pavement-type stuff, but I don't even listen to any of that super frequently. No matter; it just keeps shoving emo at me. Dogg I'm 38 I don't need to feel my feelings when I'm debugging a Python script.

I digress. Anyway, the daily mixes seemed to better incorporate signals about what I actually listen to. Dunno what to do now. Maybe I'll have to actually subscribe to The Wire again.

• When exactly did the playlist/ playlists stop updating? - almost a  year ago.
  • Which exact playlist doesn't update - Daily Mix 1, 2, 3 etc. / All of them / Other Made for You playlist? - all of the daily mixes. Release Radar and Discover Weekly update without issue.
  • Are they playlists not updating at all or is only the order of the songs changing while the content is more or less the same? - not updating at all as far as I can tell. Even the image on the cover of each playlist is the same (the same artist).
  • How do you access these playlists - search, home, Made for You section, are you following the playlists? - they appear on my homescreen, and I have tried searching for them. 

Answered in the other thread.

All of my Daily mixes won't update. The content is pretty much the same
with one or two songs changing and the order remains the same too. I access
them through home

They stopped updating about a few weeks ago, or a month ago. All of my Daily mixes won't update. The content is pretty much the same with one or two songs changing and the order remains the same too. I access them through home

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone, PC

Operating System

iOS, Windows 11

My Question or Issue

My daily mixes have not updated for at least a week. I've tried all the fixes I could find (clear cache, log out, etc.) but this issue persists across all my devices. This is the sole reason I use spotify.

Update: Today a couple of my other daily mixes might have changed, but not mix 1. It is still identical.

Also, if I log into this forum, I can't create a topic 😕

Hey folks,

Thank you for your patience.

The latest update of the app fixed some unwanted behaviors. Taking this into account, would you mind confirming if this issue is still persistent?

If yes, include in your next response the make, model, and OS version of your device, along with the Spotify version you're currently running to continue investigating the case.

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator

No change, still the exact same playlists from a year ago.

This happens on every device I own, and also the devices at work. My current Android phone and previous Android phone, my Windows 10 laptop, another windows 10 laptop, a Windows 10 Pro desktop, an iPad, an iPhone, an Android tablet, it literally has nothing to do with the device. It is absolutely server side. I update the second I can as soon as Spotify puts one up just hoping it will fix this obnoxious, year-old problem, but nothing ever does. As time goes by, it is happening to more and more people, and it is seemingly never resolved for any of them. Please look on your end rather than asking us what's wrong on our side, because it is just not the issue.

Sorry, it's just frustrating to be continuously asked for device specs when it is literally every device. The Daily Mixes are not updating for the entire account no matter how it is accessed. This has been going on for entirely too long. At least give us the ability to hide them if you can't fix this issue, because it's currently a source of frustration every time I open the app, which is every day.

I still have the same laundry list of issues.  My Daily Mixes did become unavailable for like 12-24 hours then they came back with all the old stagnet information from over a year.  

I am wondering because for example I am really liking the Jazz Rap playlist that has been made for me, but after a while it’s the same songs over and over and I am wondering when it’s going to refresh to add some new songs to listen to?

Hi folks,

We understand where you're coming from. However, we need to gather as much info as possible in order to report this to the relevant teams.

Make sure to send over the exact info that @OscarDC and @Alex requested above. 

We'll be on the lookout.

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Again and more specifically, it's a Windows 10 laptop (Windows 10 Home), another windows 10 laptop (Windows 10 Enterprise), a Windows 10 Pro desktop (Windows 10 Enterprise), an iPad (I don't have details on that, as it was just use to see if the problem persisted), an iPhone (I don't have details on that, as it was just use to see if the problem persisted), and an Oangcc tablet running Android 11. Also, my current and previous Android phones, on Android 12 and 11 respectively. Again, literally every type of device I try, on every recent OS. Every one. For a year. I guess I could just happen to only have access to exactly the plethora of devices and OS versions that are causing this problem, but something (meaning Occam's razor) tells me the problem is on your side. Now you have details, please fix it.

Hey folks, 

Thanks for all the info shared.

@fixthescroll, we really appreciate the time you took to let us know all this important detailed info. In this case, as mentioned above by @OscarDC, we'll need the exact Spotify version you're running on your devices. You can check the Spotify versions you're running by following the steps in this article

Folks, if you've noticed this behavior on your side, please send us all the info previously asked for in this thread, so we can pass it to the right team and they can investigate this more thoroughly. You can send us the info @Alex asked for here, and the additional details @OscarDC mentioned here

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator

Suggested posts