Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

[Discover] stop recommending songs I never listen to

[Discover] stop recommending songs I never listen to

Spotify's algorithms for some reason love to randomly pick songs to shove down my ears whenever I'm not actively choosing not to listen to them. A recent favourite for spotify is some song called chudoku that I've skipped 4 times, I've never liked any other song from the artist ( called white jam or smth, never heard of him) and it's not even close to the genre of music I listen to. Another one was called refund of love by 3 markets[], another artist I never listen to.

Also, why stop recommending songs I actually listen to?

1 Reply

Hey there @NeoIsTall

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

We're sorry to hear that you've been receiving recommendations you didn't enjoy. We can confirm the Hide this song feature blocks a certain track from the specific playlist on the current device. The way that "Made for you" playlists are set up is when they get renewed they count as new playlists. Because of this, the songs that you had hidden before might still appear in the new ones.

Additionally, it seems that other users feel the way you do and posted this idea about this. Despite its current status, you can still add your vote to it and if anything changes in the future, we'll make sure to keep everyone updated over there.

On another note, you can mute an artist so it won't be played again. From the mobile app, head to the artist's page, tap on the 3 dot menu and select "Don't play this". This will affect all your devices. 

We also suggest taking a look at this article for tips on how to improve your Made for You playlists. Take into account that the Don't play this feature only prevents the songs by the blocked artist from being played. They might still show up on playlists and even in your recommendations, but the songs should be skipped. Currently, there's no way to visually "hide" the songs by the artist.

Hope this helps. If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts