Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Generating plays by fake duplicates with same artist name and track title?

Generating plays by fake duplicates with same artist name and track title?

Dear friends at Spotify,

today I stumbled upon an incident which might be interesting to look into:

My Release Radar offered me a song named "Heart" ( spotify:track:004lGmXB5CWJnIZdmbzQJX ) by an artist named "Roosevelt" ( spotify:artist:1ZFuAPXzsmVkmuXzk59U88 ) - I guess it was offered to me since I am a follower of the quite successful German artist Roosevelt ( spotify:artist:4AQrqVz6BYwy29iMxcGtx7 ) who indeed published a song named "Heart" on his 2017 album ( spotify:track:2AgYLWQHiUp9niMoWiKDTz ).

Now I actually wonder, since it's not the original song by German artist Roosevelt (which makes sense, since it appears on a different artist page for another Roosevelt), at least to me it seems to be unlikely that both track and artist are named the same by accident. So without wanting to imply too much, can this be a new form of clickbaiting to generate plays for fake artists? Of course, I do not want to harm any artist who happen to have the same name, but nonetheless it might be interesting to look into. Even if there is nothing wrong with the track, it shouldn't have appeared on my Release Radar, because it is in fact another artist and it generates confusion as it just did.

Thanks in advance and all the best

Matthias

1 Reply

Just noticed the same with a fake OMD, James, Squeeze, Harpo and Wigwam invading my Release Radar...

I don't want to hear their shi*ty music, and I don't want them to get money for their miserable actions.

How can we weed them out?

Suggested posts