Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

How can I get specific and detailed in Search?

How can I get specific and detailed in Search?

I'm always looking for specific types of playlists that the general search categories just doesn't provide. For example, I love synth style music that is not Electronica/Dance/House/DJ/etc. I'm looking for upbeat synth music that can be for dancing. If I just do a search for synth way too many playlists come up for me to go through and most have the same artist and songs. If I put synth and dance in the search, of course dance/electronically etc. will come up for playlists. So how can I get more specific in my searches to find exactly what I'm looking for?

2 Replies

Hi @Heathermaru!

You can check the advanced search options in this article as they may help you narrow down the results you get. I'd also recommend using the Spotify Radio feature which would create a playlist with similar tracks of that artist/album/song and it's a helpful tool when exploring new genres.

You can also create your own synth playlist and use the Recommended tab at the bottom to find new additions.

Hope this info was useful. The Community is always here if there's anything else you need assistance with.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Except that Spotify has eliminated advanced search. 💩 Vote here to bring it back!

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Bring-back-advanced-search-again/idi-p/6314421

Suggested posts