Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

How do I share a song over WhatsApp with its cover?

How do I share a song over WhatsApp with its cover?

Plan

Premium

Device

Xiaomi Redmi Note 8T

Operating System

Android 9.0

My Question or Issue:

Whenever I try to share a Spotify song over WhatsApp, just a link to the song over plain background appears. I was wondering if it was possible to show the song cover image. I see my friends do this and when I tap on the cover image it takes me to the song using the app..

12 Replies

Hi!

When you’re on the song you would like to share over WhatsApp, click the ‘...’ button -> click ‘share’ -> instead of clicking ‘copy link’, click ‘share to WhatsApp’ and this will create a link with the song cover for you to share with friends.

Hope this helps 😊

Thanks for your reply. I followed your instructions and after clicking on "my state" a text appears along the lines of: "here's a song for you:" with a link to the song through the web player. I'm not sure this is also what other people see..

Could you put in screen shots from your phone of what you're seeing and how you're getting there.  It should be able to share it no problem because I use WhatsApp too

Hey there @tholgard,

Thank you for your post here in the Community.

As @musicorumgenius mentioned it would be great if you can provide us a screenshot so that we can have a closer look?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Okay, I made a screen recording of the steps: https://www.dropbox.com/s/abo7nbie43k066q/Spotify-Share-Song.mp4?dl=0 

Hey @tholgard,

Thanks for getting back to us with the video.

It appears that everything is working as expected - the cover appears, and should also be visible for both sender and recipient once you post the message. Could you confirm that that's the case?

If you've also seen Spotify links appear in WhatsApp in another fashion we'd appreciate a screenshot/ recording of them as well, so that we can have a closer look. 

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

thanks for replying. An acquaitance of mine recently published a song, I could see the song cover filling the whole screen and clicking on it Spotify would open.

When I do that, using the sharing function I see this (I followed the same exact steps I took on the screen recording):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lhn55u2eqfmu1wg/1613746501190.jpg?dl=0

I'm starting to wonder whether he just took a screenshot of his screen and then shared that.

Hey @tholgard,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Could you share from which app the new screenshot was taken? If you could also provide one of the link from your acquaintance, that would really help us get to the bottom of this.

Let us know if you have any questions. We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

Mihail Moderator

What do you mean? I took screenshot of song shared by acquaitance: https://www.dropbox.com/s/a0zfwkdymrbeqmu/1613991191427.jpg?dl=0 

Hey there @tholgard,

Thanks for the reply.

The song appears like this if you share it as a status on your Whatsapp. Click the 3-dot menu next to the song title > Share > Click Whatsapp > (In the Whatsapp app screen now) You'll see Send to ... >  click on My status and share.

If you share it as a direct link in a private message it will appear differently depending on your device.

Hope this helps.

AlexModerator

Hey guys,

So i noticed that there's 2 ways to send a spotify link with the album cover, a big one and a small one.

I'm gonna send a screenshot of both right here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EJmctSCUHWk4bC4cJpCXOOs_AxvF0ydA/view?usp=drivesdk

So my question is, how do i send the smaller one (the one below)? Usually i sent it by accident but now i wanna know how to do it normally.

Hey @KarelJmd

Thanks for reaching out about this and welcome to the Community. 

Currently, we're afraid there isn't a way to choose which size you send when sharing songs or albums. 

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and will make sure to pass it onto the right team, as we always strive to improve your experience.

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you. 

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts