Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

How to stop other peoples requests impacting Discover Weekly & Daily Drive

How to stop other peoples requests impacting Discover Weekly & Daily Drive

My fiancee listens to "brown noise" every night to help her sleep, now my "Daily Drive" playlist is full of "brown noise" and it also seems to effect my "Discover Weekly", how can I stop this?!
1 Reply

Hi Welcome to our community!
There are a few things you can do to prevent requests from other people from affecting your Discover Weekly and Daily Drive playlists on Spotify:

1. Use the "Don't want to hear" option to remove unwanted songs and artists from your playlists. This will ensure that these songs and artists are not included in future recommendations.

2. Create your own playlists and add the songs you like. This will give Spotify's algorithms a better understanding of your musical taste and help to personalize your recommendations.

3. Use the privacy feature of Spotify, you can choose who can see your playlists, listen to your music and view your activity. This way you avoid people you don't want to affect your recommendations.

4. Use your music preferences on Spotify, you can choose your preferences for genre, decades, artists and so on, this helps filter the recommendations closer to your taste.

5. Use the "don't play this again" feature to avoid a song appearing again in your playlist.

Remember that recommendations are based on algorithms and they may not always hit the mark in terms of your taste, but you can always adjust your preferences and give feedback on recommendations to improve personalization.

Suggested posts