Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Hugh Masakela

Solved!

Hugh Masakela

The ledengary jazz musician Hugh Maskaela died earlier this week. He was a warrior, an acitvitst against apartheid, AIDS and economic hardships that people of South Africa endured. He's did collaborations with hundreds of artist around the world like Miriam Makeba, Dave Matthews Band,Paul Simon, Ladysmith Black Mambazo amongst others.His sounds was influcenced from musicians like Louis Armstrong, Miles Davis, John Coltrane and Dizzie Gillispie but it had a speaical twist of that South African sound found no where else in the world.

I'm really shocked and upset that there wasn't a page or a tab on the landing page of Spotify about his work! He has hundreds of amazing songs (besides Grazing in the Grass) that deserve as much attention as any other artist, dead or alive.

I'm requesting Spotify to do better and to do more- right now and correct it.

If you're all about music- then prove it; Or are you all about western music and devalue music of African artist and musicians?

Check out my playlist if you need some help, It's called Tribute to Hugh Masakela. Better yet, hire someone that has a broader perspective about music that can bring together world class musicians from the continent. No need to bunch them under the umbrella of World Music- you will being a dis-service to your customers. 

Siya~

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@user-removed Very deserving artist, would you mind posting a link to your playlist?

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

@user-removed Very deserving artist, would you mind posting a link to your playlist?

Suggested posts