Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Language that I don't understand

Language that I don't understand

My mix playlists "by spotify" contain a lot of indian music. I don't understand indian language, never listened to indian music and don't want to. How can I get rid of this from my mixes?

Premium

Country USA

1 Reply

Hi there @InsVio!

Do you get these recommendations in the Made for You section? If so, it's possible that similar content has been played during a previous listening session. If you own smart devices that you use Spotify with, or frequently partake in group sessions, note that these may impact the recommendations you get from Spotify.

In case you suspect that your account has been compromised, it's recommended you follow the steps in this article to secure it.

Here's how you can exclude stuff you aren't interested in so that the app doesn't suggest similar content in the future:

1. Open the playlist and tap the three dots menu (right-click if you're on desktop).
  2. Select Exclude from taste profile.

While you're at it, it's also worth hiding any particular songs you aren't interested in by tapping the three dots menu of a song > Hide song on the mobile app. You can also open the artist's profile and select Don't play this artist.

Something else that's worth checking is if you have any similar content in the Music subfeed of your Home screen. In case you find a suggestion that doesn't interest you, you can mark is as Not interested. More info on that here.

If the songs are in a particular playlist of yours, and there's a + Spotify beside your name, you most likely have toggled on the Enhance / Smart Shuffle feature. Both features will add song suggestions to the current playlist/queue, and you can remove them by tapping the minus (-) icon. Once again, you can open the artist's profile and select Don't play this artist to further prevent the app from recommending a given content.

Hope this clears things up. Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts