Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

My recomded songs are completly wrong

My recomded songs are completly wrong

My recomended songs are only spanish songs even though i don't listen to any spanish music. My current playlist is full of korean/japanese songs.
7 Replies

Hey there,

Thanks for coming to the Community,

The recommendations are based on the whole listening history of your account and your location, excluding the content you're listening to with an activated Private mode.

With time the recommendations will be fully adjusted to your music taste, here patience is the key factor. Our algorithm will slowly catch up with your music taste and prepare the best made just for you playlists on a regular basis.

You can find out here how to help us improve the recommendations you're receiving.

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I am having this issue too; my classic rock playlist which I have had since 2016 is now recommending Japanese/Manga music...I do not think the algorithm needs more time.

Capture.PNG

Same here. Did this ever get sorted out?

Same issue here. I have had spotify for about two years and have not had this issue with other playlists. So what is the deal?

Screenshot_20220825-210804_Spotify.jpg

Hi there folks,

Thank you for your replies and feedback.

To start with, you confirm if you followed these steps to Improve playlists made for you?

We'll keep an eye out for your replies.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I have followed the steps above my whole time on Spotify, but am having some major issues with just 2/9 of my playlists. My casual hip-hop playlist is being recommended 100% Spanish songs despite having 0 Spanish songs in the playlist and my "happy songs" playlist is being recommended 100% 50s-60s songs despite being completely made up of songs from after 2000.

The only workaround I have found was to make a separate playlist with around 6 songs from the broken playlist, then add some of the recommendations I get there. That fixes the recommendations for about a day.

Hey @Silent_Hvalross,

Thanks for your reply and for the info shared.

In this case, we suggest creating a copy of the affected playlist. To do it, you just need to select the playlist in your mobile device app, then, on the three-point menu select Add to other playlist > New playlist.

If you're from the desktop app, you can copy all the songs in a playlist by scrolling until the last song and clicking at it while pressing shift. All songs will be selected and by clicking the right mouse button, you can add them to the new playlist. Let us know if the inconvenience persists on the new one.

Keep in mind you can always activate the Autoplay feature or go to the Radio of the playlist, in order to receive similar songs.

We hope you found this helpful. Keep us in the loop! 

AlejaRModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts