Announcements

Number of new songs since last month

Solved!
Highlighted

Number of new songs since last month

Casual Listener

I'm quite curious to know how many songs are added to Spotify. I've seen the figure 30 million songs overall on Spotify for quite a while but don't really know how many new songs are there on Spotify since last year (or last month).

Are there any available statistics on that? Is there any way to learn about it?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution!

Re: Number of new songs since last month

Community Legend

@spimx Quick answer - there are no official statistics from spotify that are publically available. I remember reading this page about it last year. I can only suspect that number has gone up!

It really depends on the month and national trends, like these, some sites suggest between 10,000 and 30,000 per day. Craziness.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Solution!

Casual Listener

I think I found an official answer to my question.

The Guardian publishes articles sponsored by Spotify. In a recent one about Discover Weekly they mentioned the subject of new releases, particularly:

Every week, zillions of new releases pop up on Spotify from around the world (well, OK - around 3,000).

So that equals to around 13 000 new songs a month (or ~156 000 in a year).

2 Replies
Highlighted
Solution!

Community Legend

@spimx Quick answer - there are no official statistics from spotify that are publically available. I remember reading this page about it last year. I can only suspect that number has gone up!

It really depends on the month and national trends, like these, some sites suggest between 10,000 and 30,000 per day. Craziness.

Highlighted
Solution!

Casual Listener

I think I found an official answer to my question.

The Guardian publishes articles sponsored by Spotify. In a recent one about Discover Weekly they mentioned the subject of new releases, particularly:

Every week, zillions of new releases pop up on Spotify from around the world (well, OK - around 3,000).

So that equals to around 13 000 new songs a month (or ~156 000 in a year).

SUGGESTED POSTS