Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Number of new songs since last month

Solved!

Number of new songs since last month

I'm quite curious to know how many songs are added to Spotify. I've seen the figure 30 million songs overall on Spotify for quite a while but don't really know how many new songs are there on Spotify since last year (or last month).

Are there any available statistics on that? Is there any way to learn about it?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@spimx Quick answer - there are no official statistics from spotify that are publically available. I remember reading this page about it last year. I can only suspect that number has gone up!

It really depends on the month and national trends, like these, some sites suggest between 10,000 and 30,000 per day. Craziness.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

I think I found an official answer to my question.

The Guardian publishes articles sponsored by Spotify. In a recent one about Discover Weekly they mentioned the subject of new releases, particularly:

Every week, zillions of new releases pop up on Spotify from around the world (well, OK - around 3,000).

So that equals to around 13 000 new songs a month (or ~156 000 in a year).

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

@spimx Quick answer - there are no official statistics from spotify that are publically available. I remember reading this page about it last year. I can only suspect that number has gone up!

It really depends on the month and national trends, like these, some sites suggest between 10,000 and 30,000 per day. Craziness.

Marked as solution

I think I found an official answer to my question.

The Guardian publishes articles sponsored by Spotify. In a recent one about Discover Weekly they mentioned the subject of new releases, particularly:

Every week, zillions of new releases pop up on Spotify from around the world (well, OK - around 3,000).

So that equals to around 13 000 new songs a month (or ~156 000 in a year).

Suggested posts