Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Only 50 results are displayed

Only 50 results are displayed

Planen

Premium

Land

Germany

Gerät

Desktop PC

Betriebssystem

Windows 11

Meine Frage oder mein Problem

I've just noticed when I select "discovered in" or "included in", it only shows me 50 playlists ... but I'm sure there are more and I'm specifically looking for lesser-known playlists to discover. Do others also have this limitation of the search results? (translated with google) ... thank you for reading.

6 Replies

Hello @7pqjx90h7s69wrhyh2x 

I can only reply in English I'm afraid.

I'm having some trouble understanding your issue. 

Can you explain how or where to get this "discovered in"

A screenshot would be helpful.

Thanks 😄

TaylithSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I try to make you understand this with screenshots:

https://www.seelenfarben.de/spotify230813.htm

Thank you !

Hi there @7pqjx90h7s69wrhyh2x,

Thanks for your reply. We were unable to check the link you sent. Could you possibly attach the screenshots in your next reply or share them with another platform, such as Google?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply!

Susan_GPModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey @7pqjx90h7s69wrhyh2x,

Thanks for sending over those screenshots.

We've checked internally and can confirm that 50 items are the limit for those sections of the app. However, we appreciate your feedback and we've forwarded it to the relevant team here at Spotify.

Cheers,

MihailYModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have been using Spotify since 2013. I have originally found the "Appears On" feature to be useful because it would display all of the albums on Spotify that include an artist on 1 or more tracks without the artist appearing on every track (since the albums were the artist is on every track are listed separately in the "Discography" section in the artist profile.)

However, in the most recent years, the "Appears On" feature in the artist profile only contains up to 50 albums in the search results list, meaning that any other albums containing the artist are not displayed. I find that scenario to be very annoying because I know that there have been some albums that do not have an artist included on every track and contain lesser known tracks/music compositions by an artist that have very few or no other recordings that exist, even if the equivalent album is not displayed in the "Appears On" search results list. I have then tried an alternate approach where in the search bar I type in "artist:'(name of artist)'" but that method is not always successful, because I may either get some instances where the desktop app looks like I have gotten all of the song results, but have some of the tracks in the "Songs" portion of the search feature to provide search results that do not contain the artist that I am originally looking for, or I get only a limited number of search results. This makes it more difficult and time-consuming when I am trying to create playlist collections that contain as many songs/compositions by an artist that is available on Spotify as possible.

I have first decided to uninstall Spotify from my computer, and download an old version of the Desktop App. I typed in my user name and password to log in, but I end up getting an error message that says "A firewall may be blocking Spotify. Please update your firewall to allow Spotify. Additionally you could try changing the currently used proxy settings (Error Code:auth3)". I have closed the app and opened it again, but I get the same error message when I attempt to log in. I have then turned on the Run dialog, opened the Windows Defender Firewall feature, and have then selected the "Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall" button. When I opened the "Allowed apps" window, I have clicked the "Change settings" button, searched for the Spotify.exe app, checked the Private and Public check box options, clicked the Apply button, and closed the window. I have then restarted my computer before I opened the old version of the Desktop App that I have before, and I still get the same error message after I have typed in my user name and password to log in. For now, I have just downloaded the latest version of the Spotify Desktop App on the website so I can still get access to my account, but that still leaves me with the issue where I only receive up to 50 album search results in the artist's "Appears On" feature. I am having a hard time trying to find ways to edit any of the coding algorithms in the app that would prevent any limits in the search results, as well as stopping any automatic updates of Spotify so I can be left with my own preferences.

Do you know any ideas and solutions to fix the "Appears On Feature Album Search Results Limit" problem? Please send me any replies and suggestions as you can and I can try them out to see if any of them work.

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

Acer Aspire Laptop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

What can be done for me to show all of the albums featuring an artist in the "Appears On" section in the artist profile in the Desktop app?

Suggested posts