Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Play just one artist

Solved!

Play just one artist

Is there a way to listen to just one artist?  I know that the top 5 or 10 songs show up and you can play those, but can we have a longer list?  Artist radio gives me multiple other artists.  If I am in the mood to just listen to Eminem or Michael Jackson, I would to be able to listen to their top songs across the many albums they have which would still give me 30 or 40 songs.  Any help would be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello @Twiddy and welcome to the community

What you can do is :

1 - Turn shuffle on

2 - Open the artist page you want : let's say Eminem

3 - Start to play any song your want : on my page let's say "Bad Guy" (on my page the 1st one from the 1st album displayed)

4 - Now you can let the music run. It will play randomly all the songs from all the albums on the artist page.

Note : when I say "it will play randomly" that doesn't mean "album by album" but it will jump randomly from an album to another.

- Doing this you won't have only the hits but all the songs available.

- To have only the most famous songs you have to create your own artist playlist and include only songs you want and play it randomly also.

- You can also make a search by "artist name" and see if an artist playlist already exists. If it's the case usually you will have the hits included.

SoundofusSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Marked as solution

Hello @Twiddy and welcome to the community

What you can do is :

1 - Turn shuffle on

2 - Open the artist page you want : let's say Eminem

3 - Start to play any song your want : on my page let's say "Bad Guy" (on my page the 1st one from the 1st album displayed)

4 - Now you can let the music run. It will play randomly all the songs from all the albums on the artist page.

Note : when I say "it will play randomly" that doesn't mean "album by album" but it will jump randomly from an album to another.

- Doing this you won't have only the hits but all the songs available.

- To have only the most famous songs you have to create your own artist playlist and include only songs you want and play it randomly also.

- You can also make a search by "artist name" and see if an artist playlist already exists. If it's the case usually you will have the hits included.

SoundofusSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi, this is not actually correct, at least not for iOS.

Has anyone come to a solution or workaround?

Yeah this didnt work for android either. It just shuffles songs from that album for me.  What I think it's doing when you select shuffle play on the artist is its playing all the songs they're featured in as well. Which is cool and all, but anyone figure out how to play music solely made from the selected artist, sounds like it's not an option, yet.

Weird... it worked for me. I hope you get it resolved man!

The last reply on this page was from July, wondering if anyone figured this out yet?  

I have also been searching for a 3rd party app that might do this.  There are apps out there that will generate playlists but from the description of the app it doesn’t appear like it will generate a playlist from a single artist.  Odd, I just came from Google Play, with the subscription based version (equivalent to Spotify premium) it does it no problem.

This seems to work. What I hate is that if you press the main Play button next to artist it starts playing songs that are from the artist, but also those similar to the artist's songs.

Soundofus solution initially didn't work for me, until I discovered that Spotify was creating a queue of similar artists after I clicked play on a random song from the artist I wanted to listen to. Once i cleaned the queue it automatically locked on the one artist I chose

Suggested posts