Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Please expand the weekly mix (or allow to load more)

Please expand the weekly mix (or allow to load more)

Hello,

sadly suggesting new ideas seems to be non functional at the moment, but i wanted to share my feeling nevertheless.

Would it be possible to expand the weekly mix to more than ~2hours? Or allow the user to load more songs?

The weekly mix is a great feature and i love it (i am always waiting eager for mondays =)), but the ~2hours are far too short for a whole week. If you listen to music while basically doing everything (working, running, relaxing...) those 30 songs are not enough. I know that i could listen to my own playlist, but i love to discover new songs and artists. 

It would be really great if you could expand on this idea.

Thank you!

3 Replies

@puelo

Hello:

Weekly mix? Do you mean perhaps the Discover Weekly Playlist that users get every week with 30 select songs based on the users play habits and history?

Yes exactly.

@puelo

Ahh, ok. I read an article about a month ago, but I seem to have lost the link and access to it. Basically the idea of how long the track length should be with DW was debated, and the idea of 30 songs about 2 hours was just right for the general user to work with. As a general user will have a busy day to day life as well as using the Spotify service besides just relying on DW to access music.

What you can do is select all those songs from DW and copy and paste to save them into your own created playlist, after about a month your gonna get many more hours of music to listen to. I always find a good three solid listens to something not heard before is a good marker for me to be sure of something by an artist to check out more of.

What you can also do in the meantime is check out this New Idea here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Discover-More-than-30-songs-for-Discover-Weekly-Playlist... about expanding Discover weekly beyond just 30 songs a week. Give the New Idea some kudos and support.

Suggested posts