Porcupine Tree's Magnum Opus Missing: Fear of a Blank Planet

Porcupine Tree's Magnum Opus Missing: Fear of a Blank Planet

blitzburns4
Casual Listener

Dear Spotify and Spotify Community,

I just wanted to inquire on here, as a distraught fan, as to how Porcupine Tree+Blackfield+Steven Wilsons' entire discography can make onto Spotify without getting his (debatably) magnum opus album Fear of a Blank Planet

According to Wikipedia: Fear of a Blank Planet was ranked by Rolling Stone as the 39th best progressive rock album of all time. Literally anyone who is a progressive metal fan probably knows of this album and is clamoring for it.

The most baffling part of this whole ordeal is that, for a time, Spotify did have the album up along with Lazarus, In Absentia, and The Incident. Somehow it was removed when the rest of their catalogue was added. I'm worried that that may be due to a technical error. I think the album is also available on Apple Music. Considering the album shares a label with Roadrunner: which also released the album The Incident. And in the USA most of the modern releases seem to be handled by KSCOPE, according to Amazon. So It is very hard to fathome what is going on if its just a label issue.

Just was wondering if anyone else shared my sentiments.

1 Reply
Highlighted

Re: Porcupine Tree's Magnum Opus Missing: Fear of a Blank Planet

Rock Star 16
Rock Star 16

Spotify wants all the world’s music on Spotify. However, some artists and tracks aren't currently available. Sometimes agreements can’t be reached with the artist or label or a change may happen in music ownership.

However, please know thousands of albums and artists are added to Spotify every day. If you can’t find an artist you’re looking for, they may appear (or reappear) soon.

In the meantime, feel free to contact the artist or their label to ask when they plan to be on Spotify. Thanks!

LoxerRock Star 16
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
SUGGESTED POSTS