Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Prevent Spotify automatically playing my private mp3 file recordings when I click them

Prevent Spotify automatically playing my private mp3 file recordings when I click them

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

Samsung Galaxy 7

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

Spotify is default to play my private audio files when i click them, never happened before installing spotify, would like to stop spotify doing this.

6 Replies

Hey @Roy2050, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a clean reinstall of the app following these steps.

If you're still having trouble, can you let me know the make and model of the device you're experiencing this on?

Let me know how everything goes!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Most people's default music playing app on Samsung phones was Google Play, but since it was discontinued, Spotify became everyone's new default app...the solution is to just download a new music playing app!

Google music was discontinued a long time ago and this is a recent issue.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your messages.

If Spotify opens up when you tap an MP3 song when looking at your files, it must be set as "default" to open audio. To change the default app in your Samsung, we recommend you to follow the steps on this Samsung's support article. It is important to have a different app that can be set as default for MP3 files.

Hope it helps. If anything else comes up, the Community will be here.

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

The app is trash, and Spotify knows damn well they made app run as default without anyway of changing. Without Spotify my personal audio files open with a generic audio app, like it did before Spotify recently changed something. I'll never use the app again.

Suggested posts