Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Recommended are completely irrelavent to what I am listening to

Recommended are completely irrelavent to what I am listening to

My playlist is full of UK drill but my recommended is full of Gospel music. I have never listened to this type of music in my life.

I am the only person using this account, I tried creating a new playlist with the same songs (issue still persists). I have been using this playlist since October 2020 and the recommended changed to this genre out of the blue. 

All my other playlists have normal recommended songs. I have had this issue for 3 days now.

Here is the playlist:

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/13fgj31xTOD0QhSYCo2DFk?si=ea670ed6e6f44f86

3 Replies

Hello @Olivervdb 

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with recommendations.

Perhaps you could try the "Don't play this" option to block out the artists of the unwanted music.

I think if you keep it up for a while, the algorithm will eventually remove those songs from recommendations.

Thanks for reaching out

TaylithSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I'm having the same issue.  I have one playlist that has country music and all the recommendations for the last two days are TURKISH music???  LOL.  The agents could not figure it out.  They reset my account and it still recommends Turkish - which I've never listened to.

Hello @sporte77 

I'm sorry to hear that.

Unfortunately, there's nothing you can do inside the app to quickly get rid of those recommendations.

It's an automated process so like I said to the previous user, you can use the "Don't play this feature" to zone out those artists.

Also, you could try a private session whenever you're listening to the Turkish music so that it's not picked up by the algorithms.

I hope it's resolved soon.

Thanks for reaching out 💚

TaylithSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts