Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Release Radar query - Important

Release Radar query - Important

Hi, 

I recently released my second single - but the first that could be included on the release radar playlist - I’ve spoken to a few of my followers who said that it never appeared in their Friday Release Radar Playlist - despite being released that day (28th December)?  I was under the impression that it would appear if I followed an artist and if that track was released on a Friday???? 

Thanks

https://open.spotify.com/track/19VdFEbhHEcaVXQSg6z8Y0?si=WQW4wFrVTFmA6_6gn2Yubg

4 Replies

Hey

I’m not quite sure what you’re trying to ask.. could you elaborate a little more and I will try to help you

lauren💖

Hi Lauren,

Thanks for the reply. Basically, I was under the impression that “followers” of my artist page would receive my latest Friday release within their “Release Radar” playlist. However this never happened. (I spoke to a few of my ‘followers’ who were disappointed that they didn’t see it).

I’m trying to understand why this didn’t happen.

I hope that makes sense.

Thanks for your help

Hey

Thank you for that, I understand a little more now

A release radar is a collation of songs that spotify collated for you with songs that it thinks your going to love, a release radar is not necessarily just for songs by artists that you follow.

To put this into perspective, let's say I followed adele, and she released a new song, that song wouldn't necessarily be in my release radar.

I hope this helps

Lauren

Hi Lauren,

Thanks for the reply as any info is appreciated.  I was just under the impression that 'Release Radar' would be the place that where my releases would get to my followers.  Sorry, if I appear frustrated - it is certainly not aimed at you - I've attached a screenshot of the 'Spotify for Artists' Playlists page.  Maybe this page needs to be changed?

SpotifyForArtists.jpg

Suggested posts