Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Retirement of our Running Feature

Retirement of our Running Feature

Hey everyone, the Spotify Community team here.

We’re here to let you know we will be retiring our Running feature on 26 February 2018.

We always take retiring features in Spotify very seriously. We’re pouring our energy into new ways of creating the best experience for our users.

Of course, you can still workout with Spotify as your Running companion. You can find Running playlists in the Workout section of Browse section.

You can also connect your Spotify running music with an exercise app. Check out our support articles on Nike+ Run Club and Runkeeper for more information.

If you’re interested to learn more about how the app evolves, check out our article about testing and why features change.

Please post here with any questions or feedback you might have. We’ll be sure it reaches the right teams.

Thanks!

814 Replies

I was about to purchase premium for this feature.

NOOOOOOOOOO!!! Why?! You already built it, just keep it buried in the app.  Even if it's only for a subset of users, it's still a great feature. 

Like the other posters (I don't have time to read all of them), I'm extremely disappointed that this feature has been removed. it was the main reason for subscribing. 

PLEASE BRING IT BACK!!!  I'M SO DISAPPOINTED!!!

Please, bring the feature back. Why retire something that works perfectly.

I just signed up for spotify premium last month specifically for this feature (without ads). Why did you choose to retire it?

I'm sure there are many users who are quite annoyed by this decision.

This is the main feature that convinced me to stop using Apple Music and subscribe to Spotify. It also helped me improve as a runner. To say I'm disappointed to find this feature removed is an understatement

I would also like to see this come back.

Such a dumb move... Well, let’s find another streaming service offering a similar experience.

Dissapointed, Spotify.

Very annoyed to find this disappeared when I went for a run last night. This was without doubt one of the very useful features on Spotify, a real help to runners of all abilities helping us to stick to a running pace. 

Can not understand why you would retire such a useful tool, will certainly look around to see if other music services offer a similar thing.

Hi

I have been using this for running on the treadmill since the start. 

I need that fuction for the steps pr. minute to get me going on my running mix. 

I hope there is some alternatives out there.

For those who are interested, I used this website to create my own playlist based on BPM. The site is far from beeing perfect, but it can be seen as an alternative to this wonderful feature that was removed ...

http://sortyourmusic.playlistmachinery.com/index.html

If the link is blocked by the community, just type "sortyourmusic" in Google 🙂

Hope it helps !

Capture_20180305_085608.png

BRING IT BACK!!!

Well, seems it's finally time to switch to FitRadio for running and Google Music for everything else (they at least give you an add-free, play-in-the-background YouTube Red in the bundle). Congrats guys, you've just killed the only real advantage you've had on Deezer and GPM.

If Nike running club integration will be able to replace this feature - care to explain in details how?

I do need this feature for control my running tempo. PLEASE give me back!!!

Was so puzzled when I couldn't find this for my run this morning and then found this thread. WHY Spotify WHY? This was an amazing feature that helped me (and clearly many, many others) to run better and faster.

I'm absolutely gutted this feature has gone, I told SO many people about it!

ETA: have downloaded FitRadio and of course it, as I expect will everything else, doesn't cater for the genres I listen to. So very upset that this has been removed, being able to listen to my own stuff and run was so great! I don't want your stupid 150-165 bpm playlists. URGH.

ETA2: Nike+ App added and playlists based on artists so better but less convenient and can’t quick change my pace if I want to slow down / speed up. 

This i a horrible decision that will clearly cost you many customers.  I am currently a free subscriber, but have been a premium subscriber (and would have been again without this screwup).

In addition to using this feature myself, I manage a running store and have promoted your app to numerous customers solely for this amazing feature.

This one feature is what separated Spotify from all the other music apps out there...you've deleted the one thing that made you better/different.  Some would say that was a poor business decision.

And how were regular users of this feature supposed to be aware of this change...dig through community message boards?  For Christ's sake, I use this feature. EVERY. DAY. Send a message or something?

Super disappointed in you guys.  Please fix or I'll find something else.

Brad

In addition to posting to this forum, please also take the time to send an email to support@spotify.com.

At least there they give you a response, even although it is a more like a politician’s answer; stringing words together to make sentences, but not answering you questions.

Suggested posts