Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Same song with multiple names/artists, music spam?

Solved!

Same song with multiple names/artists, music spam?

Hello.

I consider myself a heavy music listener and I remember most of the songs I like and keep a big playlist with an history of all the music I like on the platform.

Today I was going through my Discover Weekly playlist and I started listening to a song that I knew the lyrics for and I absolutely had heard it plenty of times before. However when looking at the name of the song, artist and cover (Witnesses by Genesis Sparta) I couldn't recognize any of them, which is very strange.

I then tried to identify the song using Shazam and guess what, Shazam identified the song as being another one: Nature Purple by Sensitive Kratos. I again have never seen the cover of this song or heard about its name or artist.

I went ahead and played the song identified and guess what, it is exactly the same as the one on my Discover Weekly playlist. It even has the exact same length, 2:22 minutes.

I checked both artists and both only have one song, released 1 Sep 2019. I googled them and the internet doesn't seem to know anything about them.

I am 100% sure I didn't hear this song first from one of these artists or with any of these names so there are already at least 3 copies of the same song on the platform (I couldn't find the other in my history playlist yet). Is this some form of spam? Can someone look into it?

Annotation 2020-02-09 223358.png
Annotation 2020-02-09 223426.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @joelalmeidaptg,

Thanks for letting us know about this! 

We can confirm we have passed this information on to the right team so they can take a closer look and take care of this. We appreciate your passion for music and that yous pend the time to describe what you've spotted so well.

Feel free to reach out to us whenever you have Spotify-related questions or need a helping hand with the app.

Have a good day!

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @joelalmeidaptg,

Thanks for letting us know about this! 

We can confirm we have passed this information on to the right team so they can take a closer look and take care of this. We appreciate your passion for music and that yous pend the time to describe what you've spotted so well.

Feel free to reach out to us whenever you have Spotify-related questions or need a helping hand with the app.

Have a good day!

PetyaModerator

I am experiencing the same issue.

I am using Spotify MOSTLY due to amazing Discover Weekly feature. However the last few lists were literally spammed by fake songs. These are very similar songs, which last about 0:58, and the author is a fake person, having 3 similar songs, with no description. I will give you a few examples from my current Discover Weekly, but if you would check my account you would find at least 20 such songs which I am constantly marking as: "I don't like it" but they are comming back.

I am convinced that some BOT is spamming your service. I guess there is a lot of similar songs created from some fake accounts. 

Please get rid of this. 

https://open.spotify.com/track/7fypZUaroLTSRzmZJ8R1kY?si=0bdbe0e667b84d92

https://open.spotify.com/track/4fWw4zKbNFjb0vhuI42l46?si=aebfb2705d134294

https://open.spotify.com/track/5Vl96agC8vtDQk1QXecUT5?si=fe2d501c43bf4d60

https://open.spotify.com/track/378qztzIfoAegucMs0VW5L?si=2fb8065e12434673

Hey there @Pejotl77,

Thanks for getting in touch about this and welcome to the Community.

In this case, we suggest that you report this to our Content team directly. You can do this following the instructions for Broken or Incorrect content here.

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts