Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

“Set Adrift On Memory Bliss” (P.M. Dawn): Original Version Unavailable

“Set Adrift On Memory Bliss” (P.M. Dawn): Original Version Unavailable

Probably due to some extremely unfortunate licensing issues, the original (far superior) version isn’t available. I truly wish Spotify would pull the inferior version from their catalog, so that uninitiated listeners wouldn’t mistakenly associate the newer version with the style/brand/quality of P.M. Dawn’s earlier work. Even for those familiar with the original, I’m willing to bet most would rather discover it’s not available than to be teased with this inferior version. This is almost as disappointing as when I discovered that De La Soul’s first album isn’t available here. 

original version: https://youtu.be/0AOVf9p9ht4

7 Replies

Couldn't agree more ...

I listen to it on youtube to make myself feel better after. 

I would suggest contacting Entertainment One (which owns the Gee Street Records catalogue) or Universal Music (which owns Island Records, the label's old distributor).

Hey TuningUp79,

I feel your pain, the re-recording version is terrible. I found this post from years back... hopefully the song will one day return.

https://t.co/2bQ4FHp6n2?amp=1

Agreed. Ugh.

I just had to order a copy of the original version to preserve the blissful memory.

Hi there folks,

Thank you for your posts and feedback here in the Community.

We want all the world’s music on Spotify, but availability can vary over time and between countries, depending on the permissions from rights holders.

We add new content to Spotify every day, so if you can’t find something you’re looking for right now, it may appear soon.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I'm in agreement. The original recording of Set Adrift On Memory Bliss by PM Dawn is significantly better than what Spotify currently has in their library. 

Man this Spotify version is hot garbage.  I know the story and that's what has been released to them, but they shouldn't be making money off people clicking and thinking it's the original.  Take it down Spotify!

Suggested posts