Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Song being redirected to another artist

Song being redirected to another artist

Plan

Premium

Country

Brazil

Device

Acer Aspire 3

Operating System

Windows 11

My Question or Issue

So, I have "About Today" by The National liked since 2018 and I've always listened to it without any issues... Until, well, today. When I played it, from a playlist made years ago:

MikaeruSenpai_0-1675909652400.png

It appears normal, the song belongs to the Cherry Tree album and it is ok, BUT when I played it I noticed an awful voice over the song, so when I looked into it, it was playing a cover from some dude, being redirected because it must've been corrupted somehow. 

MikaeruSenpai_1-1675909745788.png

This is from this cover album https://open.spotify.com/artist/1xfHTs7gYpNrmV6GosZTGp?si=PZTKhtccSJO-Fc_z3UjhCA and now I can't listen to the original song because it redirects to this one, no matter what I do or where I open it from.

MikaeruSenpai_2-1675909828161.png

Since other people with their computers already tested it because I asked for their help, it isn't an issue with my computer. What can be done? This version is awful and I wanna listen to my song. 

1 Reply

Hey @MikaeruSenpai,

It seems that the song, alongside its entire album have been taken off Spotify.
Keep in mind that content does get removed & re-added on a daily basis. What you're looking for may soon be re-added, so we'd encourage you to stay on the lookout  🙂
In the meantime, if there is a way for you to get your hands on the song as a standalone file, you may still play it via Spotify as a Local File!
Hope this helps. Cheers!

VasilModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts