Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify keeps playing songs from obscure artists that aren't in my queue?

Spotify keeps playing songs from obscure artists that aren't in my queue?

So basically, I'll put a playlist on repeat & despite my queue being full of songs I already know, random obscure songs that look to be generated by AI will be put into my queue (paiintt00, Duam.Quantum24', m1l1nn1a2323 to name a few). My account hasn't been hacked by the way yet random AI generated accounts with a single album consisting of songs with less than a minute & 30 seconds will continue to play. So how can I fix this on my end or is there something to be done on Spotify's end?
13 Replies

Hey @desolate-man,

Thanks for reaching out.

As a first step, can you please check if you have Smart Shuffle enabled in your playlists?

Keep us posted.

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

The issue is still happening, I never have Smart Shuffle enabled & when I notice the random obscure artists being played, I double check that Smart Shuffle is disabled, which it always is.

Thanks for the cooperation @desolate-man!

Does the same thing happen on multiple devices? Have you noticed when it started happening?

So we can get a better look it'd be great if you could send us a screenshot or two showing what it looks like from your end, just make sure no sensitive or personal info is visible. You can attach it to your next response by using the Insert image option in the post editor. 

We'll be on the lookout for your response 🙂

IvelinaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

yo i have the exact same problem which they play paiintt00, Duam.Quantum24 and its when i have spotify paused in the background of my pc or sometimes when i play a playlist. I have even blocked them on my phone but they keep playing on my pc anyways and its pretty annoying, do you got any updates on what it is or how to fix it?

Hey @hieverybody,

Thanks for reaching out.

As a next step, we'd recommend following the instructions under Check 3rd party connections on this page. To also exclude any unauthorized access, you can reset your password and sign out everywhere as mentioned in the guide.

Let us know if that helps.

MihailYModerator

This started about a week ago or a little more & it's happened on my PC & my phone, I've blocked the songs from my phone but that doesn't stop it from playing on my PC which then for whatever reason can still be played on my phone because it happened with Duam.Quantum24' several times.

SpotifyPhone2.jpg
SpotifyPC.png
SpotifyPC2.png

Thanks for the screenshots, @desolate-man.

Could you try the suggested steps here and then listen only on one device for some time to see if the issue persists?

Keep us posted if there's any change 🙂

IvelinaModerator

I've done the suggested steps & although it's only been 2 days, the issue still is persisting & I've been listening on my PC only.

Hey @desolate-man,

Thanks for getting back to us. This is indeed a very peculiar situation, we talked about it amongst ourselves and wanted to ask you if you would try to listen with another account, maybe a friends account, or a newly made free one. If the same issue persists we can eliminate the possibility of it being connected to your particular account and can then continue to troubleshoot. 

Hopefully this will prove to be fruitful, the Community is always here for you,

Fingers crossed,

ElenaModerator

I've been using another account only on my PC & I still have the same issue where if I pause the music, the random artists will start appearing in my queue.

Thanks for the update, @desolate-man.

Just to be on the safe side, it's a good idea to secure both accounts where you're seeing the artists. To do so you can follow all the steps in this article and an additional step is to even reset the password of the email addresses you've used to sign up.

If the same thing keeps happening even after that, let us know.

IvelinaModerator

Hi there I have to same problem. I thought it was me. Thought I’m going to google something which no one has. But I have exactly the same issue as described above. Only thing extra for me is that when I’m going to listen to an album at the end of the song it won’t play the next song of the album. It will play something from that dual.quantum artist.

also. What is weird when im not listen nor listed for a while that day it starts playing these artist over my Alexa echo out of nowhere. I tried to look if I can logout all devices or get a list of all the signed in ones but I can’t find that..I already changed my password and deleted all the 3D parties out of the account which didn’t helped..

Hi @Idsigns,

Thanks for the reply. You can log out of all devices using the steps shown here, but be advised that this will not work on Alexa devices. For those, try to unlink your Spotify account from the Alexa app.

Hope this helps.

JoanModerator

Suggested posts