Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify lyrics have stopped showing up permanently for some songs

Spotify lyrics have stopped showing up permanently for some songs

Many Spotify songs I listen to that Spotify used to have the lyrics to no longer have the lyrics, like Dia de Enero by Shakira. It still shows the button to put up lyrics, but repeatedly says the "Hmm. We don't know the lyrics for this one."

Spotify Used to have the lyrics for this song, and many others, that it doesn't have anymore. I still get a few songs with lyrics, so it has really confused me.
3 Replies

Hi there, 

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and welcome!

Please note that the availability of the Lyrics feature and the lyrics themselves can vary over time, as well as between markets, and depending on the agreements we have in place with our rights holders. We add new content to Spotify every day, so if you can’t find something right now, it may appear (or reappear) soon.

However, we always recommend keeping your app up to date to guarantee you get the latest features and fixes.

Hope this helps. If you have any questions or need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Susan_GPModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Why did Spotify make lyrics a premium feature? They have never done this before and it's kinda irritating. 😞

As if that standard 'copy-paste' answer, answers anything concrete.  

I can find websites with huge lyric archives that have been online for at least 10-15 years. But you somehow have to acquire a special license to show the lyrics in your app. Lyrics might I add, you already had in your app at one point!  

And looking at how much you guys earn, I find it discerning you cannot get this "feature" to work properly again.

Suggested posts