Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Streaming on multiple apps to one or more speakers (connected by BT or wi-fi) using the same account

Streaming on multiple apps to one or more speakers (connected by BT or wi-fi) using the same account

Plan

Premium Student

Country

Australia

Device

Android device - Samsung/Oppo or alike.

Operating System

Android (at least initially)

My Question or Issue

There has been a number of ideas around connecting spotify to MULTIPLE bluetooth or wi-fi speakers, no matter the connectivity used.

In one of them the above description was deemed unclear as what was sought, and indeed a moderator asked ' Do you want to be able to connect  multiple Bluetooth speakers on the same WiFi via Bluetooth or Connect? '

The answer is YES (except for the last word).

This prior idea entitled '[Mobile][Other] adding extra bluetooth speakers on same wifi' was along these lines.

Separately and in parallel, another post yet to be closed or actioned entitled '[Connect] Multiple Speakers / Devices simultaneously', appears to be closed yet still attracting multiple votes and numerous comments. Showing continued 'demand' or at least 'interest'.

Therefore to say there is no interest at this time, is clearly inaccurate.

I will not repost the multiple comments and queries here to avoid duplication.

On a separate but related point, I was streaming via the mobile/android app yesterday to a bluetooth receptor (audio line to stereo unit), when I started the app on another mobile/android way out of the originals bluetooth range, however it clearly knew what i was playing as it went to the same playlist/account.

However when I started streaming via this second mobile to a second bluetooth speaker, the first one died (in sound).

So this to me says, we are close and we have the technology.

Kindly review BOTH these abovementioned posts and ask for any clarification; as we DO need to progress this.

0 Replies

Suggested posts