Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

This song is not available on your device

This song is not available on your device

I have found a Playlist that I want to listen to and it won't let me. It won't even let me share link to the Playlist. I'll attach screenshots below

Plan

Premium

Country

US but I have a VPN for other countries

Device

Galaxy s22 Ultra

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

I want to listen to this Playlist. I've tried everything. Idk why it won't let me

Screenshot_20220605-115937_Spotify.jpg
Screenshot_20220605-115943_Spotify.jpg
14 Replies

Hey @nicolas1520,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome.

Music availability could depend on different factors; one of them is the region where the user tries to play the tracks. Since you're using a VPN to change the country, we'd recommend using the app without the VPN to see if it makes any difference.

Also, would you mind checking on a different device to see if you have the same error message?

If the issue persists, include in your next response the OS version of your device, along with the Spotify version you're currently running.

Lastly, as you've mentioned that it's not possible to share the link, could you send us the playlist URI? You can find it by following the steps in this article.

We'll be on the lookout. 

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

The reason I got a VPN is because it did not work without it. I thought that would fix the issue. I figured it just wasn't available in my country. 

I am using android version 12 which is "Snow Cone".

I am using Spotify version 8.7.36.905 which is the most up to date version on the app store (as of June 6th 2022)

And I managed to get this link to the Playlist (after some work)

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/109ngM5jItmHUIYnCnmzyV?si=CxrMOFgbRzikhIiLdgM5oA&utm_source=native...

Let me know if you need anything else. I just want to listen to this album on spotify instead of YouTube 😭

Hey @nicolas1520,

Thank you for keeping in touch and for the info you shared.

We've checked the link on our end and we can see that the songs are grayed out for some regions. This is due to permissions and distribution from the right holders and the artist.

We hope to have all the world’s music and podcasts on Spotify someday, but at the moment, what we have varies over time and between countries by copyright. We add new content every day, so if you can’t find something, it may appear (or reappear) soon. Thanks again for your report.

If anything else comes up, the Community will be here for you.

OscarDCModerator

Bummer 😕

Well thank you for your help, I appreciate it

Hey @nicolas1520

You're welcome! If you have any questions or need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you. 

Have a good one 🙂 

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Thats sad I have the same problem I can't play the damn song it's grayed out 

Hey @M_Faza_Ul_Haq,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

There are a few possible reasons as to why a song might show as grayed out and give an error when tried to be played.

Some songs are not available in all countries and this is due to license agreements with the rights holders as @OscarDC mentioned earlier. We're always working on expanding our catalog, so if that's the case for your songs we hope you'll see them available soon.

Another option is that the song you see is marked as Explicit and you have that type of content filtered off. You can read more about that here.

Lastly, it's possible that the song was marked as "Don't play this'' at some point - and if that's the case you can follow the steps here to unmark it.

Hope this helps. If anything else comes up, the Community will be here for you. 

LyubkaModerator

I got the issue, ALOT of songs are greyed out now when they all where not yesterday. Even songs from from Norway where im from and live songs are greyed out. Also playlists that YOU spotify have made for me are alot of gryed out songs ?

I'm getting the same message for an audio track that my daughter made and emailed to me. It's a local file on my phone.

Hey @PatriceW,

Thanks for reaching out. Try importing the song again as shown here and here, then it should be playable on the specific device where you have the file.

Hope this helps.

JoanModerator

I have the same problem and I'm not sure rights and regions is the issue since the songs that are greyed out in my playlist are available when I search for them in Spotify directly. 

The only workaround is to add the song to the playlist and then delete the greyed out one.

thanks for informing us about regional restrictions, is there a way to know which regions is a song available in?

Screenshot_20231224-001055.png

in my case the unavailable song is hymn for the weekend by coldplay (alan walker remix)

I (almost) understand "regional" restrictions, really dont get it, but understand that one. What i dont get, is the original poster's (OP) issue: device. 

Why the bleep would there be a restriction based on a friggin device? 

If this is due to "exclusivity", thats ridiculous. For a derned device? 

Has greyed out songs just downloaded

Suggested posts