Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Unable to play certain artists

Solved!

Unable to play certain artists

Recently I've been experiencing the problem that I can't play any song of certain artists. For example: I can't play any song from eminem, ed sheeran or coldplay. And there are alsosome more artists. From those artists, no song will play and it says that the song isn't available, while the songs aren't grey but just look regular like they always do. I've tried to reinstall spotify, but the problem keeps occuring. And the problem doesn't only occur on my main pc, but also on my work laptop, and on my iphone. I have a few frieds who are also experiencing the same problem. I couldn't find any topic about this so I am asking you for your support.

So in short:

• From certain artists not one song will play and say it's not available, but the songs look like they always do.
  • Problem doesn't only occur on 1 device, but so far on 3 devices.
  • Friends of mine also have the same problem
  • Any other songs from other artists DO work.
  • Tried reinstalling, didn't work

Please let me know if you think you know what might be the problem and how to fix it.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey Guys, It's fixed at my side now, since I Downloaded the Spotify app from the Windows store on Windows 10, Everything started to work! I hope it works for you as well

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

The real solution ive found without making an entirely new account is to follow, un follow, thrn follow again. It worked for me on all 3 artists i was not able to listen to. 

View solution in original post

53 Replies

Hey Boris, I got the same problem. I can't play Artists like Avicii, David Guetta, and the script. Here is a example what happens if you want to play them: https://gyazo.com/820177207ff88310a7eae9929e1413e9

I think it's a bug in the Spotify Client, because everything is fine on mobile version of Spotify and the Webplayer.

I hope Spotify will fix this issue ASAP,

Yup, I've got the exact same problem. It says that the song is not available when I try to play David Guetta and Avicii. Haven't noticed it on any other artists yet though. It was like this for a few days, then it fixed itself, but now it's back again. I can however play them on my iPhone which uses the same account???

It probably varies with each person, my friends are unable to play artists that I CAN listen to, and backwards. And also it now works fine on my IPhone but on my friend's Android it is still broken.

I've also had the same problem with playing Eminem all of the sudden. It's a little irritating and i hope spotify or anyone can fix this.

I’m having the exact same problem since the most recent update! It’s so so annoying, they need to get it fixed asap

I'm having the same problem on my laptop and android with Young the Giant, Arctic Monkeys, and Queen. I've also found that songs by George Harrison a prone to randomly pausing every few seconds to a minute on my devices. Please help!

I've currently got this same issue. All of a sudden St. Vincent's entire catalog wont play for me. Not just her new album. EVERYTHING by her. I've got this issue on my work computer running Spotify desktop client on Mac OSX Sierra and on my iphone, but I don't have this issue on my home laptop running OSX Sierra. It gives me the exact same  error message too. 

I also have this issue for every song by Queen. It is affecting my Android devices, iPad, laptop clients, and web client. However, it does not affect Chromecast or my roommates iPhone. I contacted Spotify about the problem and their solution was to create a new account... Not sure what's going on.

Just developed the exact same problem with Lana Del Rey. Her entire catalogue won't play for me on either mobile or desktop. All other artists are fine so far.

Same for here, the problem is just in my phone.

- Lana del Rey & some others...

Does is anyone from spotify going to help?! or this is just like a forum to

read complaints... 

Same problem too. Very, very annoying!

Come on Spotify, sort it out or at least provide an update as to what is going on!? After all, we are only the customer!

I chatted with a Spotify rep and he said the only solutation they could think of was to create a new account and import over the email address and playlists. I'm head of a family plan and my concern there is that it could mess up everyone elses' playlists. Also what if the issue remained after that. Seems like there's a massive bug their system if it's affecting this many people on such a specfic level.

The Spotify rep I spoke with was polite but didn't seem to have any true answers beyond setting up a new account. I just cant figure out how I have this issue on one computer running the same OSX and not the other running the same. I'd like a fix beyond set up a new account.

on my phone i cant play any of lana del rey's catalog, but on the desktop it works.

Marked as solution

Hey Guys, It's fixed at my side now, since I Downloaded the Spotify app from the Windows store on Windows 10, Everything started to work! I hope it works for you as well

Seems like their only solution ATM is to create a new account. Come on, that's not a solution Spotify...

That's so bizarre that people are having issues cross platforms like this
and just for specific artists.

So I have a really old Spotify account I haven't used in years. Signed out of my current account, logged into the old one and suddenly I can play Lana Del Rey tracks again. Log back into my current account and she's back to being 'not available' on the desktop app.

So it can't just be the client, it's related to the specific account being used to access the songs.

Oh nice. I just checked my phone and it's working. I reinstalled from their
website on my desktop at work and it appears to be working too. Looks like
it was fixed hopefully others are having luck too.

Suggested posts