Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

When is Spotify going to return on Roku?

Solved!

When is Spotify going to return on Roku?

When is Spotify going to available on Roku again?

132 Replies

weak!

purrchased a new Roku yesterday.

Looking  forward to using it with Spotify with my expensive Marantz stereo that formally had Spotify on it. 

Too bad huh.   Makes me a two time looser.  Spotify cancelled on the Marantz system.   Also Roku

We at least we have a fish tank now.  

And Pandora.

Not pleased.

Showing other integrations with Spotify is *not* a "solution" or an answer to the question. Why won't Spotify just give us an answer if they're going to support roku or not, and when if they're going to do it. How pathetic. 

This JUST happened to me! Go to play Spotify, no app on Roku. OK, that sucks but at least my fancy Marantz has my **bleep** covered.... Nope, gone there too!

Spotify - you know the only thing worse than a clunky app? No app at all. And on top of that when I search online when the app's coming back, the "solution" is to tell me to buy a Chromecast?

Is this 2008 or 2018???

Just purchased a new Roku device and I am so displeased there isn't any spotify app. I listen to spotify as my main music application and would have loved to have it on my tv. 

So when is that new and improved app coming to the Roku streaming players???

Well I just joined Spotify because I liked their stance on offensive music...  BUT it doesn't play on my Roku, so now I have to go back to Pandora.  And yes Spotify like a lot of people I don't want to stream from my phone...  That's why I don't use Chromecast either.

Spotify is great !! but it's a huge fail still "picking" what devices or partners your guys will play !! that's cause company losses !! 

First, STOP to lie,  stop to say**bleep** "we are improving" 
say the true.. you guys are trying to selll "spotify" for devices manufactures

THIS MODEL DON'T WORK !!!

or... we can wait a acquisiton by Apple Musiv or Pandora ??

hope soon

I am a yearly pass Spotify user, and I am <this close> to tossing my roku *and* spotify after the sub is done.  When I signed up, it worked on Roku... now I have to resort to 3rd party hacks (Plex with no playlist support - crash) or SmartView which stutters due to whatever wifi issues I have based on bandwidth and signal propogation from my neighbours. 

Enough.

Spotify... get your **bleep** app working or you lose me as a customer.  Same goes for Roku.  There are so many android boxes that "just work" for paying people that I am about to dump both of you like a bad ex-girlfriend.

They do not care. It's a shame, but subscription is no longer their product. This has nothing to do with ROKU btw. 

I am a roku user and I also love spotify!.  I have a bit of a workaround situation.  If you have your laptop, or device that has the google chrome browser, you can always open the spotify web player in your google chrome browser and "cast" to your roku device.  Hope this helps!

You mean with a chromecast? I’ve not seen how to cast spotify to roku.

You can't cast spotify to a Roku. I have literally zero idea why this is mentioned.

Just tried it both in Chrome Browser on Android and Windows.  The Roku is not selectable (I can see my Amazon Echos though). 

I'll ask again because I don't see an answer here. When will Spotify be available on roku? I currently use the free pandora app and will probably cancel Spotify soon. Not going to use shi*ty Bluetooth from my phone to connect to bose surround sound. 

You are wrong. I just did it after reading the other comment. Make sure screen mirroring is on on your Roku, then on your computer, project to a wireless display (your Roku). Works fine for me! 

I just tried the same on my Galaxy S5 and Screen Mirroring works perfectly! Thanks for the tip!

LOL, no I am not wrong.  You will see in my first post back one page I specifically said "SmartView" which is Samsung language for screen mirroring, which I also said stutters due to network congestion from my neighbours.  It works, but it sounds like utter garbage.  It's not my S7 either, my Tab S2 also also stutters.  If I wanted to hear pops and stutters, I would play my vinyl (which at least doesn't stutter).

Screen mirroring is NOT casting.

Casting... I can cast to my ChromeCast, or Alexa devices - but you cannot cast to a Roku.  Casting is done in app, not on device.  If I could cast toa Roku (which makes the device play the media directly, not having your device mirror the screen and audio to the Roku), it would be great.  But we can't Cast...

You can't cast to the Roku but you can wirelessly mirror it as another display. I works great for me. I did the following on my Windows 10 machine:

1. Turned on wifi and make sure it's not in airplane mode
  2. Turn on mirroring on the Roku System->Screen Mirroring->Screen mirroring mode->Always allow
  3. Right click on the background and bring up display settings
  4. Click on Connect to a wireless display
  5. *POOF* the Roku is now another display
  6. You can mess with the Multiple displays section to determine the layout you want.
  7. If you don't get sound out of the Roku check that you audio output device is set to digital

Just another frickin' work around; not meeting the needs for many!

future Spotify.jpg

Before anyone gets all like "whoo hoo I can screen cast", try it first, and if it stutters, read the following link and give up... because the problem is widespread.

Screen Mirroring is NOT a solution.  Casting... that would be a solution.  The app would be a better solution.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=screen+mirror+audio+stutter

Suggested posts