Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

When is Spotify going to return on Roku?

Solved!

When is Spotify going to return on Roku?

When is Spotify going to available on Roku again?

132 Replies

Spotify is now working on my Roku TV, The apps functions way better, all my playlists are synced looks just like it does on my desktop computer

I have the supported Roku models, but apparently the software update hasn't come through yet. The support page on Roku's site says it it could be a few weeks for the streaming devices though the TVs have it now. Can't wait until it starts working again lol.

• IWhere are you? Because I just went to my Roku and there is no Spotify app or you just pushing it from your phone to your TV? I’m in Colorado we own five different Roku’s I went to three of them there is no Spotify on any of them

It's not on my Roku either. I just went to the channel store and found it, but it won't show up on my Roku until the new software update comes through. I'm on 8.1 and the thing on the channel store says it needs to go up to 8.2. That was written on the 7th and it said it would take a few weeks for it to come through on devices.

I don't see Spotify yet in the channel store from my Roku Premiere. I'm still running version 8.1 software.

My location is ONTARIO, CANADA

I have a roku stick and an insignia roku tv. It's only the Insignia TV that is working right now. I can send from my phone or pick up the remote navigate to the spotify app and launch it that way. They both mirror my spotify account and it's a completely new interface then the previous one I had. 

IMG_4566.JPGIMG_4565.JPG

My location is ONTARIO, CANADA

I have a roku stick and an insignia roku tv. It's only the Insignia TV that is working right now. I can send from my phone or pick up the remote navigate to the spotify app and launch it that way. They both mirror my spotify account and it's a completely new interface then the previous one I had. 

IMG_4566.JPGIMG_4565.JPG

I updated my Roku stick in the US and there it was. So happy this is finally available.

Mine came back all on its own, no searching or install, just boom there it is.

Interface looks better.

Glad to have it back, but now I don't know if I'll use it as I spent so much time figuring out other measures.

It's still not available on my Express devices or the stick that I have. But the Spotify help page on the Roku site says it could take as long as early next year to roll out updates.  All my devices are eligible I guess I just have to wait. =/

Its finally there. Updated my Roku Express and there it was. 

Well done.

Still waiting for system update to my Roku 3 (4200x). Running 8.1 most recent. 

Marked as solution

As announced by Roku on Oct 31, 2018, the Roku app is back. Now you can search for albums and playlists to listen to or browse music recommendations from Spotify directly on your Roku device.

Spotify is available on select Roku players and Roku TVs with Roku OS 8.2 or higher. Click here for more information on the required software and to see a list of supported devices. 

Suggested posts