Why does spotify now play videos????

Re: Why does spotify now play videos????

RedVisionMusic
Songwriter

I deal with Apple Music execs daily for work they are def mobilizing to enter the visual content world. I havent heard anything like this in regards to Pandora. Hey maybe I heard wrong! Happy New Years!

tophet
Casual Listener

Why I can't play Playlist Videos on spotify?

Playlists:

Rise Presents Lauv

Today's Top Hits

RapCaviar

gadget6660
Casual Listener

I have to agree, I don't want video on my mobile to add to the data use youtube for that. At least give us the option to turn them off to save on the data.

TigressLea
Casual Listener

Spotify, how do I switch off the videos from ever attempting to play on my device ? That's what I want to know. 

I've been a paying customer from the beginning but if you keep adding videos to playlists without the ability to automatically skip them I will have to reconsider the subscription

user-removed
Not applicable

I don't understand. I've been premium for almost a year now, and I haven't seen any ads whatsoever! No ads on the music videos, and no ads in the podcasts. If you're seeing ads, than you should chat with customer service. No one should be sing ads on premium. Second, I don't understand why people are complaining about the videos. It is inevitable that Spotify would do this, this is were all major streaming services are heading. Plus you can clearly see that the music and the videos are seperated. If you don't want videos, you don't have to watch them.

gadget6660
Casual Listener
This isn’t strictly true. If you play popular playlist they include video too. Not separate at all. Not what you want on mobile when out and about thanks. Not sure where you get the ads bit, wasn’t something I mentioned. Ta

user-removed
Not applicable

Those playlists may not be from spotify staff. I have never encountered videos in regular playlists. However, it wouldn't surprise me. They are  doing all kinds of things to promote their content. Also the commercials may be injected by the content creator. If that's the case, there's nothing spotify can do.

gadget6660
Casual Listener

Actually you may be right about that. Just think there should be a option to not play the videos in the settings. Don't mind on the PC but not only the mobile except on Wifi :)

Galaxgwidon
Casual Listener

@Spotify You need to deactivate this video stuff. It always tells me it can't play the video in my region. I don't want to watch videos, I'd like listening to the music. Or at least there must be an option under settings to deactivate videos (PC App)

ChicaFoxy

I think you meant to say "Baa-aaa-aa-aaa!"

SUGGESTED POSTS