Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Why is there no Anime OST on Spotify?

Why is there no Anime OST on Spotify?

Hello everyone! 🙂

It's my first post here and I have a question for you guys! 🙂

Last night I was looking for some Anime OST on Spotify and couldn't find any official ones, only cover.

Is there a reason why there is no official anime soundtrack? This is the only thing missing for me!

Is there any chances in the future that we see official anime soundtracks to Spotify?

Thank you! 🙂

50 Replies

Hi there.

It is true that Anime soundtracks are not on Spotify.

Have you tried to contact labels of these tarcks already? Tell them how much you need these.

Can you tell me some examples of these tracks?

Thanks already.

Have a nice day!

Yes I tried to contact some of the groups asking but the thing is it's all japanese people so I don't understand their websites and they probably wont understand my mails 😕

There are a couple of groups/songs that I was looking for:
The group fripSide (they makes songs from the anime A Certain Scientific Railgun). Also Ho-Kago Tea Time (They make the music from K-On!) and also LiSA who makes the music from Sword Art Online and Fate/Zero 😞

I really wish there was more official anime music but I don't even know if Japan knows what Spotify is... And I think since they are Japanese it's harder for "Us" to contact them...

Yes, I think not much of Japanese or Chinese know the English.

I understand it fully and it seems to be the same on Google Play Music Pass. There is no anime soundtracks.

Maybe we can listen them on YouTube?

Yeah that's what I do for now but I use Spotify Offline a lot at work and there is no such option on youtube 😞 and I don't really want to use a Youtube to MP3 because the quality is really bad and it's not a right thing to do :S

Hmm, i do know some japanese, if you could tell me who and how to ask, i could possibly do so. 

However, there might be a few Bands you might like, just to list a few:

Aimer

Akari Tsuda

Akiko Shikata

AQUAPLUS

Arisa Nakayama

Band-Maid

Chihiro Onitsuka

exist trace

Iced Blade

Jeff Williams

Mary's Blood

Megumi Hayashibara

Rene Uehara

Rurutia

Suara

Utada (Hikaru)

Yui Horie

Furthermore, it feels like the amount of japanese music is slowly increasing. So lets just hope for the best 🙂

You're right! Besides there's good anime with good soundtracks and songs (Including openings, endings, soundtracks and even songs peformed by the voice actors as his/her character), but all of these are missing on Spotify. Some examples include:

Bleach

Code Geass (Both seasons)

Digimon (All seasons)

Dragon Ball (All series and movies)

Evangelion

Gundam (All series)

Naruto (Includding Shippuden and movies)

One Piece

Sailor Moon

This also applies to all japanese seiyuu who are also singers.

Found this quote on Quora:

That little consumer revolution didn't really happen in Japan the same way it did here. Japan has had its issues with piracy, but it never completely took over the market like it did here. Japanese publishers relied more on collectors than casual music consumers, and simply didn't need a savior. While the iPod was popular (and the iPhone is VERY popular), some of the record labels, including the behemoth Sony Music Japan, held out and never put their songs on the service. Sony, of course, also has a floundering consumer electronics division, and likely didn't want to help another division's competition.

And so, things haven't changed over there nearly as much. People still buy a LOT of CDs, and as evidence, there are still quite a few CD stores, including chains like Tower Records and HMV that have long since died out on this side of the Pacific. Japanese record labels and talent agencies still hold tightly onto business practices and rules that seem to ignore the very existence of the internet.

And that is basically your answer. Japanese music simply does not get distributed on Spotify, iTunes, Google Play, etc all that often. 

You also need to think about the marketing purpose. They basically sell the OST physically to make more money. (If you didn't know yet: the anime industry nearly only makes profit on side sales of merchandise and accessorises.)

I understand. There are the artist and you can
Follow them, but you cannot listen to any their songs. Try using Google translate or if you are on a laptop/computer device you can translate the website if you are using Google Chrome on your laptop or PC.

Bad thing still is - too less attention concerning this kind of topic. So possibly, the demand as a whole is not significant enough to bring anything over to us ... kinda sad, is it not?

These are some of the Anime OST's I'd like to see on spotify!

Tokyo Ghoul

DBZ

Kill La Kill

Gurren Lagan

Naruto

Fairy Tail

Heaven's Lost Property

Clannad

SAO

Steins;gate

Dare i say it... LUCKY STAR

Code Geass

Bleach

Yugi-oh (Anime?)

And of course, Re:zero.

This is a shame, and thanks for making those lists there is a lot more.

I guess this means that all the millions of anime lovers in the rest of the world are just using youtube/soundcloud? Because all anime music can be found there?

Uhm, well, on Youtube, there is a lot. But Soundcloud .. not so much. I can't understand it either, even Amazon has already come further with their new premium subscription service. And this really is sad, especially considering Spotify merged with Playstation Music what belongs to Sony. And Sony - i really do not understand it why they don't do it - could easily bring millions of tracks to Spotify if they allow it. Really sucks, i would like for some of my sub money to go to those whose music i listen to. But i can't do so, because their music is not available in my country. So i can only use YouTube or the likes too. 

Such a shame. 

Maybe it's time to move on at some point and leave Spotify behind 😞

Oh nice thread, even it is old.

I wish there was more anime music on spotify. :3

/sign 😄

It is old but it's worth mentioning that Japan only started distributing Spotify service around October 2016 so there's a huge chance that more Japanese song will be added on Spotify.

Hmm. Now, it has been some time since Spotify launched in Japan. They did a lot of promotional stuff as well, partly assiciated with Sony. For example they had some Egoist promotion, a band i'd love to hear on Spotify. But it didn't come west. Like a lot of releases that you can find on Amazon, but not on Spotify. See Band Maid for example, Spotify has their "older" stuff, but the new releases all went to Amazon. So .. i don't know how i feel about it. Spotify for now has it's integration going for it - and that's it. Amazon Prime Music already is the better offer for those that needn't the application to run on their Playstation Systems. But I do sadly, because i enjoy listening to a large variety of music while gaming. Bleh, that sucks. 

Well, a solution might be going away from Spotify to Amazon Prime Music, saving the files as mp3 on a stick, and accessing on demand. Guess that is something one could think about. 

But if some officials at Spotify do read this: there are always groups that - besides enjoying "mainstream" music, are very fond of more exotic one as well. And having these songs might mean the difference between a sub at your service or the competition. And the competition for sure is growing without you seemingly caring about it ...

Well said, also thanks for the info I was not aware of this. Now I at least have some good alternatives for when spotify runs out of things to listen to. 

Also some of the mainstream music, I dont find to be music at all, let alone listen to it. So I hope spotify uppens their game before I make the transition to another service. 

The Pillows are on Spotify but I can't seem to actually access what they have... I find them in a google search but clicking them takes me no where. The made the OST for FLCL, and I'm thinking maybe it's a distribution thing. 

hey some good news Lisa's crossing field is on spotify now and the oral cigarettes Kyouran kids is as well

Most of them are not here or are in japanese, it took me a long times but I searched for every original anime opening and ending on spotify(not fan version), I found 47 of them, if you are interesting in seeing them just check my playlist: anime opening and ending. (I know its the most original name...) my profile is xintai0ne.

Full list if you don't want to go see my profile and completely ignore the time I spent finding them...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE WORLD (Death note opening01) - top opening -

(death note ending 01, cannot type japanese kanji, sorry) -top ending -

JoJo sono Chino Sadame(JoJo op1)

Jiyuu no Tsubasa (Shingeki no Kyojin op2)

Stand Proud (JoJo op3) -top opening -

Gospel of the the throttle(Drifters op1) -top opening -

Guren no Yumiya( Shingeki no Kyojin op1)

(evangelion op, cannot type japanese kanji, sorry)

Brave Shine (Fate/stay night UBW UFOtable op2)

Cha-la Head-Cha-la (dragon ball Z japanese op1)

Shinzo wo Sasageyo (Shingeki no Kyojin op3)

Pegasasu Fantasy (Saint Seiya op remaster)

Hangetutouge (Strike the blood op1)

Chase (JoJo op6, illegal port, may soon be deleted) -top opening -

We gotta power( dragonball z op2)

The light before we land(gunslinger girl op1)

White light (Tales of Zestiria op) -top opening -

UNDO (full metal alchemist op3)

Departure! (HUNTER X HUNTER OP1)

DUVET (Serial Experimental Lain OP)

**bleep** Stream (JoJo op2)

Ideal white (Fate/Stay night UBW UFOtable op1)

To the beginning (Fate/zero op2)

Heavenly Blue (Aldnoah Zero op1)

Kabaneri of the iron fortress (Kotif op1) -top opening -

Reason Triangle (Joker game op1)

Kyouran hey kids!! (Noragami op2) -top opening -

Goya no Machiawase(Noragami op1) -top opening -

Spotlight (Magi:adventure of Sinbad op1)

Aliez( Aldnoah Zero Ending 01) -top ending -

COLOR (Dragon ball super op)

Xu (Seraph of the end op1)

White forces (Schwarzesmarken op)

Moon pride (sailor moon crystal op)

Catch the moment (Sword art online ordinal scale op)

Rally go round (Nisekoi op3)

hanabi -kimi ni koi **bleep**a natsu no hi (hknksnnh op)

Our sympathy (Eldive op1)

Flyers (death parade op1) - Top opening -

One more chance!! (Heavy object op)

Amazing break (Terraformars op)

Thunderclap (Sengoku basara) -best group name ever-

Killy Killy joker (selector infected Wixoss op)

Crossing field (Sword art online op1)

Rising hope (the irregular at magic high op)

Let me hear (parasyte op) -top opening- -made by fear/loathing in las vegas#topname

HUNTING FOR YOUR DREAM (Hunter X hunter ending2) Best...ending...EVER!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am still searching for more op so the list will go up in times, don't worry, but don't expect to ever see Tank! or Logo naki world, they don't exist on spotify...

Suggested posts