Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

(help me out with my master's thesis), calling out all Spotify enthusiasts!

(help me out with my master's thesis), calling out all Spotify enthusiasts!

Hi fellow Spotifiers!

I'm currently pursuing my master's degree in web communication and I'm writing my thesis on music streaming and Spotify! I listen to music A LOT and I've been using Spotify for a few years now (which is the best streaming service on the market in my opinion, or at least the most complete). I feel like we're entering a whole new era and I'm just really interested in every aspect of this digital revolution. I'm an avid playlists curator and I love to discover new talents through Spotify. Playlists curation is actually one of the main points I'd like to address. 

I need to do a few interviews and possibly a survey and I was hoping that some you would be willing to answer those. I'd like to study streamers' habits and how this new consumption differs from previous listening modes. Basically I just want to discuss your listening experience, your habits and your opinion on streaming with you.

If you're interested let me know! You can answer below or send me a DM @fdd8e4 (might be more convenient to have a chat in private).

Here's a list of the different "themes" I'm going to write about (if you think it lacks something, don't hesitate to tell me!)

- history of song shuffling, music "acquisition" on the web and music streaming

- streaming's preponderant role in the rebirth of the record industry (a solution to piracy)

- streaming as a service that target "millenials"

- the sense of ownership (digital vs physical formats, MP3s vs streaming)

- benefits (streaming data can be very useful for promotion and distribution) or disadvantages (debate over royalties) for artists 

- musical discovery as an inherent need of musical experience and how playlists are reshaping this

- streaming services as tastemakers

- event-based and personnalized playlists = a life soundtrack

PS: I'm sorry if I posted this on the wrong page! I just don't get a lot of feedback on Twitter and I thought I could get more on here. Anyway thanks for reading!

3 Replies

up

I'd be happy to answer some questions! Just shoot me a DM 🙂

Just sent you a private message! Thanks!

Suggested posts