Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Couldn't load the lyrics for this song" error

"Couldn't load the lyrics for this song" error

As of version 8.8.20.544 and the version prior to that has caused the lyrics from my personal playlist in my device 'Samsung-SMJ250F' to disappear, at first I thought it was brcause the songs were old but way older songs still had lyrics
The playlist is a private playlist featuring all songs of 'DragonForce'
and after the update none of the songs had lyrics.

Top Answer
MihailY

Hey folks,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community.

Please note that the availability of the Lyrics feature and the lyrics themselves can vary over time, as well as between markets, and depending on the agreements we have in place with our rights holders. We add new content to Spotify every day, so if you can’t find something right now, it may appear (or reappear) soon.

We hope this helps!

Cheers,

484 Replies

The customer services said that I am trialling a new feature in which the lyrics are now unavailable, and I can't seem to be able to get them back. I don't like this new feature, I prefer being able to see the lyrics! This is very frustrating as I was not notified that this was going to happen. I am unable to get them back, and I still don't fully understand what's happened. Can anyone help me and others with the same problem?

I have noticed this. Why are all of his lyrics suddenly gone????? They were there a couple weeks ago 😞

Hey @Xanydoo,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

You can try logging out from the app (Settings > Log out), then signing back in to your account to see if that does the trick, as it triggers an internal refresh of the app that may help here. Other than that there's not much else you can do, I'm afraid. I recommend making sure you're always running the latest version of Spotify so you don't miss out on any future updates.

The Community is always here if something else comes up in the meantime.

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I am not able to understand why in only my account the lyrics of any song is not showing. Please Spotify team resolve this issue as soon as possible.**bleep**

Device is One plus nord ce2 lite 5g

Android 13 

hello spotify, can you fix my spotify account please, there's something wrong with my account. every song that i play, they don't display the lyrics. this happened after i updated spotify on play store. thank you!!

The lyric availability depends on two things: if its available on MusixMatch and if the artist/publisher allows their lyrics to be seen. 

If the artist is well known, then the lyrics should be available, and are probably restricted from view on Spotify (as well as other platforms.

If the artist is not well known, then the lyrics are probably not on the MusixMatch database. You could either add it via musixmatch.com (takes about 3 days to implement after the lyrics are approved) or get someone in the community to write the lyrics.

please. every other album/song i can think of has lyrics. Did you know that there’s a tunnel under ocean boulevard (dykttatuob) is one of lana del rays greatest pieces of art, and the fact that it doesn’t have lyrics while ram ranch does doesn’t make sense. please, for the love of god, give lana what she deserves and put lyrics on this beautiful album. i NEED to share lyrics from these songs on my stories, so please please please do it. thank you so much. GIVE LANA WHAT SHE DESERVES!!!!

I've not had them since March. 😕

Gone in the US too.

well, i found lyrics for Love The Way You Lie from Eminem’s album Recovery, but there are two problems…. one, some of the lyrics are missing and two, there are spelling errors.

here’s one example:

IMG_1121.jpeg

IMG_1123.jpeg

Same, i tried logging in and out, clearing the cache and even uninstalling the app but it still doesn't show them

I’ve tried deleting app, logging out and other steps that have been suggested. But when a song comes on and I scroll down it says about artist/live events and not lyrics, it used to work idk what happened.

My lyrics used to show but they do not anymore. How can I fix this?

There are no lyrics for old songs pls add lyrics more

Bruh y’all removed the lyrics to Eminem and it’s been weeks…how am I supposed to keep up with some of his bars if I can’t see the lyrics? Add them back soon or we will just switch over and subscribe to Apple Music since they have the lyrics. 

Under all my songs there used to be lyrics and me and my friends used to sing along to it and have so much fun. Now I can’t even see the lyrics! Not on my iPad nor iPhone and it’s so annoying! I’ve tried clear cache, uninstalling, both at the same time it’s not working. I restarted my phone too and nothing is working I’m convinced they took it away from my account in general. I wish to get my lyrics back very badly even if a developer or mod has to turn it on my accounts. Please Spotify help me out!

It’s the same on YouTube music as well.

seems very strange 

Whenever I play a song I can't seem to find the lyrics but others can see the lyrics.

I think initially the lyrics provider was Genius & it all worked fine because Aftermath Records have exclusive first day lyrics deal with Genius for Eminem. But now that they changed the provider to Musixmatch or whatever, this infringes on the exclusive deal with Genius hence it is removed.

Well if it disappeared from youtube music aswell, it probably has something to do with legal reasons like the rights to have the lyrics. It doesn't make a lot of sense to me as why such thing would imply that lyrics should not be available but that moderator dodged the question like it was a bullet lol

Suggested posts