Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

"This Is" Playlist request

"This Is" Playlist request

Good morning, folks!

I'd like to know who (department (?)) is responsible for creating "This Is Artist/Band" playlists and, also, how can I, a mere mortal, interfere or influence in favor of the creation of a "This Is" of a specific band - Heidevolk, in this case

Thanks y'all for your attention 😄

10 Replies

Hi @korokd

Unfortunately, I don't think you can influence "This is" playlists on Spotify. As far as I know (Spotify never officially stated that) those playlists are generated for each artist above a certain number of listeners. Only Spotify decided if an artist get such playlist and what is included in it.

Have a great day and lots of cool songs.

Hey there @korokd,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community!

If you're an artist, you can also take a look at this helpful FAQ article for more info.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

i dont think you can currently do this... maybe make your own playlist of your favourite tunes by this band... it seems as if they dont make this is.. playlists for more obscure bands. they have mainly very famous artists.

Hey so I don't have all the answers and am deeply mystified by the "this is" playlist feature myself, hence my being led to this thread to begin with! 

Anyway I will say I'm a pretty under the radar artist that actually had someone else try to take my artist name (accumulating a strangely large amount of plays in the process) but as it turns out, followers or overall play count is not necessarily a factor in the generating of a "This is" playlist for an artist...

I think it is slightly more complicated algorithms that are attempting not to allow those "underground" artists to get lost in the shuffle of weird second rate manufactured pop... I can't say for certain it's completely successful and like I said I am just making assumptions based on my recent observations. There are a bunch of questions I have about it too but it doesn't seem like I can google myself to any clear answer which honestly is kinda sexy and strange and I can dig it. Here's to A.I. that values lo-fi!! I'm gunna attach the "This is Kid Indigo" (dat's me ya'll) and you can check it out, I don't have one of the fancy cut out glamour shot covers, I am starting to gather that there is some sort of trial period and they jazz up the look if they think it's worth the time, otherwise they probably delete it and forget they ever took the chance. Hopefully my weirdstuff will find the right audience before they give me the hook haha. ANYWAY I hope that helps somehow. https://open.spotify.com/playlist/37i9dQZF1DZ06evO1YHHkn?si=tniB1gtdTHGzzG7mow_2Rg

hello dear spotify team! I am an artist on your platform How can I get the playlist named "this is"?

Hi there, there was some issues surrounding my mothers meta data and a "this is zoe" playlist was made for the wrong person using her most famous song "sunshine on a rainy day". i have since gotten in touch with sony who has helped us get the song back on to her profile. but when you look up the song it still takes you to the wrong this is playlist. I was wondering if there was anyway i could go about getting Spotify to look into making her a new playlist with her original content in.

Yes, and this is how the popular get more popular, and everyone else is left behind. 

Release 50 songs and you will get this playlist

I have like 80 songs out and it still hasnt popped up 😒

Hello!
As far as I know from my research, you must have a certain number of visitors listening to your songs and if any song(s) are from last year.
Regarding the "release 50 songs to have this playlist", this information is wrong, because there are artists who have less than 50 songs and manage to have it. But even so, Spotify hasn't solved how to get it. See the frequently asked questions.
I hope this helps! 🙂

Suggested posts