Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

"Your Top Shows" don't actually show most listened to podcasts

"Your Top Shows" don't actually show most listened to podcasts

Plan

Free

Country

USA

Device

Laptop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I listen to podcasts daily, sometimes up to 4 hours a day. I have found that certain podcasts never appear on this list, including the one I listen to the most frequently. Meanwhile, a podcast I listen to 1-2 times a month stays on this "top shows" and never goes away.
My question is: what algorithm actually builds this list? It doesn't seem to be based on frequency / duration of play.

1 Reply

Hi @jim123,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Your Top Shows is meant to provide you with an overview of your most played podcasts and ones that you might enjoy based on your taste and what is most popular with users in your region. We've received reports from users that this is not always the case. The right team at Spotify is investigating why some users are receiving recommendations which don't match their data.

There is an Idea in the Community, to bring an option which allows you to choose what recommendations you get on your Start screen. We'd encourage you to head over to this Idea thread and add your +Vote to show support. The more votes an idea gets the more likely it is to get implemented.

Hope this info helps.

Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts