Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

"something went wrong while loading the artist"

"something went wrong while loading the artist"

Plan

Premium

Country

United Kingdom

Device

(iPhone 8, Macbook Pro 2015)

Operating System

(iOS 15, Mac OS Big Sur.)

My Question or Issue

apologies if this is in the wrong thread but they've really made it as hard as possible to post something on this website. i've been having this issue daily for weeks, across multiple devices but no time to fix it. Spotify constantly restarts or freezes when loading an artists page or sometimes just out of nowhere. i've tried everything from logging in and out, re-installing the apps, clearing the cache, trying different accounts. how many times am i going to be asked if my devices are having problems before Spotify owns up and actually fixes things on their end? for such a huge income company, they don't put much work into their app. i had none of these issues with the old Spotify desktop app. i've been thinking of switching to Apple Music since they're the same price and seem to offer a lot more but unfortunately i can't transfer playlists. what do i do? i've updated everything especially after i had issues a few months ago of the app freezing 24/7 which took me days to fix. it shouldn't be this complicated to listen to music (NOT podcasts, but thats a whole other thing) , especially when you pay for it? i know other people have had this issue too but no one seems to be offering a solution. only people on this site 'moving their thread to another location.' you aren't helping anyone! 

5 Replies

Hi @jamesbuick,

Thank you for posting on the Community.

We're sorry to hear you've been having all these issues with the app, we'll do our best to help you sort them out!

You mentioned that the app crashes mainly when opening an artist page. First up, we'd like to confirm if this happens with certain artists or with any of them.

Also, we understand you've reinstalled the app. We want to make sure you did it with these instructions as they're more thorough than a regular reinstall. 

Any other information you may consider relevant about the issue, please let us know. This will help us keep narrowing this down.

Keep us posted!

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Same here, on a Macbook Air running Monterey 12.3.1. Have tried clearing cache, uninstalling and reinstalling the app, and working in Private mode. Have also tried using the web app in Firefox and Chrome. No matter the artist, it always happens when I'm creating a playlist and adding their albums to that playlist. Every. Single. Time.

Hey @myghostisakite,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Is the described error occurring when you use the web player or the desktop app or both?

Could you prepare and post a short screen recording with the steps to reproduce the issue so we can understand better what exactly is going on on your end?

Have you tried different internet connections, Spotify accounts and devices to see if this works?

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator

Same poblem here. The Mac Desktop app plays sonds from my playlists fine, and I can throw the player from my iphone to the desktop app. But when I search fro an artist in the desktop app and then click on the artists to see the artist page - spotify just gets stuck in an attempt to load the page and says "Ooops something went wrong while loading the artist". The internet connection is 100% fine, there is no issue with any other software (web browser / email / etc). It's just an isolated Sporift problem. I don't get this problem with spotify on my iphone. Just the Mac desktop app. for £10/month you'd expect a basic feature like this to be fixed sharpish!

Hey @davidish1,

Thanks for your reply and for the info shared.

Just to confirm, can you confirm if you can play your Liked Songs playlist in the desktop app? It'd be awesome if you could check.

On another note, would you mind sending us the exact Spotify version you are currently running in you computer?

Lastly, is this happening when you search for a specific artist or does it happen no matter what artist you search for? 

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator

Suggested posts