Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Force re-download of offline tracks

Force re-download of offline tracks

Is there a way to force Spotify to download an offline track again? I had a network "burp" during a previous download, and now the song is corrupted. I use Spotify 0.9.4.183.g644e24e0 on Ubuntu 12.04 (kept up-to-date) with a premium subscription, and both high quality streaming...hey, where did extreme quality downloading go? I used to have that set when I worked on Windows...oh well, that's another question for another time...
8 Replies

Hi. You can try selecting the track and "undownloading it", deleting it from your playlist and adding it back or copy the tracks to a new playlist, delete the original one then make the new playlist available offline. If none of those work, you'll probably need to delete the cache.

I don't recall ever seeing an extreme option on my windows client - high quality has always given 320 kbps. Maybe linux was different or my memory is failing 🙂

I did exactly that, but I think until I load enough new tracks to flush it out of the cache, it's still there. Either that, or it's corrupted at the source. Or it may just be like that. I'll name the track when I find it again, I'm drawing a blank right now. Besides, my Windows machine that I usually ran this on crapped out, so it's somewhat moot. No, I found the extreme option, it was on Android (it had separate quality settings for "streaming" vs. "download", but now it's gone. I'm confused, I'll go look in the Android forums. I want to know what it was, I hope we didn't lose lossless, that would have been nice.

There's a bug with some android tablets which don't show the extreme quality options until you rotate to landscape mode discussed here.

On linux if you are having cache issues with corrupted tracks, loading a terminal and running

rm -rf /.cache/spotify 

Will nuke your Spotify cache and the client will redownload it all a fresh from the server. 

As for extreme quality option being missing on android, that is a known bug:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Bugs/Android-Missing-Extreme-Quality-Option/td-p/625534

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I thought I read elsewhere that if you rm the cache, one needs to re-install Spotify, is it safe to do so? Is that old news?

Removing the cache manually is a step you can take during a reinstallating to make sure all data is removed.

If you remove it whilst Spotify is still installed, it will simply create a new one when the client launched (so delete it without spotify running). 😉

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I have Ccleaner set to clear the cache folder contents on every restart.  No issues at all.  Delete it at will.

thanks bud, this worked for me.

Suggested posts