Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

LIBDBUSMENU-GLIB-WARNING

LIBDBUSMENU-GLIB-WARNING

```zsh
(spotify:22985): LIBDBUSMENU-GLIB-WARNING **: 10:53:14.895: Unable to get session bus: Unknown or unsupported transport “disabled” for address “disabled:”
```
After an update to spotify 1.2.20 i get this error.
The spotify window opens, but remains empty and black.

Plan

Premium

Device

(Lenovo T480s)

Operating System

(Debian trixie - )

My Question or Issue

How to resolve this? dbux-x11 is already the newest version.

3 Replies

Did you install it via Snap or Deb? This version is Edge/Unstable and contains a couple of new features. One of them is the tray icon, which uses libdbusmenu, Can you confirm that your dbus is running as expected? Can you attach a log of dbus-monitor when you launch the program?

Not OP, but I am running into the same issue; here's my `dbus-monitor`:

```
$ dbus-monitor
signal time=1694926331.751378 sender=org.freedesktop.DBus -> destination=:1.21 serial=2 path=/org/freedesktop/DBus; interface=org.freedesktop.DBus; member=NameAcquired
string ":1.21"
signal time=1694926331.751397 sender=org.freedesktop.DBus -> destination=:1.21 serial=4 path=/org/freedesktop/DBus; interface=org.freedesktop.DBus; member=NameLost
string ":1.21"

```

There is no change to the log output after I begin running spotify. Here are spotify's logs:

```

(spotify:24280): libayatana-appindicator-WARNING **: 00:53:01.871: Unable to get the session bus: Unknown or unsupported transport “disabled” for address “disabled:”

(spotify:24280): LIBDBUSMENU-GLIB-WARNING **: 00:53:01.871: Unable to get session bus: Unknown or unsupported transport “disabled” for address “disabled:”
/proc/self/exe: /usr/lib/libcurl-gnutls.so.4: no version information available (required by /proc/self/exe)

```

Exactly the same error messages were showing for me, running Slackware 15.0 and the Awesome window manager.

In my case, it turned out to be the absence of a D-Bus session instance of  dbus-daemon. In my .xinitrc, I was starting Awesome with just:

exec awesome

Replacing this with

dbus-launch --sh-syntax --exit-with-session awesome

made the 'warning' messages go away and finally launch Spotify properly, without hanging on an empty grey screen.

Use --auto-syntax or --csh-syntax if you're using the C shell. See dbus-launch for more information.

In your specific case, I guess you need to find out why no D-Bus session bus is running and resolve that.

Suggested posts