[LINUX] Permission denied: Cannot change offline songs storage/local files directory

[LINUX] Permission denied: Cannot change offline songs storage/local files directory

jogerj
Regular

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Operating System

Linux Mint 19.1

Version

1.1.0.237.g378f6f25

My Question or Issue

I have an NTFS drive mounted as /mnt/data. The folder has 777 permissions and I can write/read normally from the drive. Spotify reports permission denied everytime I try to access these drives for storage/local files location. 

Here's some output from the terminal:

ln: failed to create symbolic link '/home/jogerj/snap/spotify/34/.config/gtk-2.0/gtkfilechooser.ini': File exists
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "gail"
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "atk-bridge"
[0424/231319.879328:ERROR:object_proxy.cc(615)] Failed to call method: org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties.Get: object_path= /org/freedesktop/UPower: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.AccessDenied: An AppArmor policy prevents this sender from sending this message to this recipient; type="method_call", sender=":1.181" (uid=1000 pid=28418 comm="/snap/spotify/34/usr/share/spotify/spotify " label="snap.spotify.spotify (enforce)") interface="org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties" member="Get" error name="(unset)" requested_reply="0" destination="org.freedesktop.UPower" (uid=0 pid=1554 comm="/usr/lib/upower/upowerd " label="unconfined")
[0424/231319.879470:ERROR:object_proxy.cc(615)] Failed to call method: org.freedesktop.UPower.GetDisplayDevice: object_path= /org/freedesktop/UPower: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.AccessDenied: An AppArmor policy prevents this sender from sending this message to this recipient; type="method_call", sender=":1.181" (uid=1000 pid=28418 comm="/snap/spotify/34/usr/share/spotify/spotify " label="snap.spotify.spotify (enforce)") interface="org.freedesktop.UPower" member="GetDisplayDevice" error name="(unset)" requested_reply="0" destination="org.freedesktop.UPower" (uid=0 pid=1554 comm="/usr/lib/upower/upowerd " label="unconfined")
[0424/231319.879629:ERROR:object_proxy.cc(615)] Failed to call method: org.freedesktop.UPower.EnumerateDevices: object_path= /org/freedesktop/UPower: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.AccessDenied: An AppArmor policy prevents this sender from sending this message to this recipient; type="method_call", sender=":1.181" (uid=1000 pid=28418 comm="/snap/spotify/34/usr/share/spotify/spotify " label="snap.spotify.spotify (enforce)") interface="org.freedesktop.UPower" member="EnumerateDevices" error name="(unset)" requested_reply="0" destination="org.freedesktop.UPower" (uid=0 pid=1554 comm="/usr/lib/upower/upowerd " label="unconfined")
[0424/231329.308569:ERROR:gl_context_glx.cc(227)] Couldn't make context current with X drawable.
[0424/231329.308617:ERROR:gles2_cmd_decoder.cc(4575)]   GLES2DecoderImpl: Context lost during MakeCurrent.
[0424/231329.309156:ERROR:gles2_cmd_decoder.cc(4570)]   GLES2DecoderImpl: Trying to make lost context current.
[0424/231329.309347:ERROR:gl_context_glx.cc(227)] Couldn't make context current with X drawable.

On the other hand I wanted to use the apt version of Spotify but that too crashes every so often.

2 Replies

Re: [LINUX] Permission denied: Cannot change offline songs storage/local files directory

Spotify
Spotify

The reason you have this problem is that the snap installed spotify runs in a sandbox, but the user interface is bad, because it doesn't clearly tell our users that.

Until this can be fixed properly, by opening up access from the sandbox on the fly from a user request, there are two workarounds listed here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Linux/Ubuntu-How-to-change-Offline-songs-storage-folder-to-...

Re: [LINUX] Permission denied: Cannot change offline songs storage/local files directory

handelhoven
Regular

Please add the plugin for external drives. Thank you.

SUGGESTED POSTS