My current setup to have the Spotify app open on my computer running Ubuntu while playing music on my phone. The desktop notifications that appear when a song changes are not working properly when I'm playing music on my phone (they work fine if I'm playing music directly on the Ubuntu app).
1) If I open the app and then immediately start playing music on my phone, every notification will show the album of the first track I started playing. The artist and title are blank, but the album art updates correctly.
2) If I start playing music on the Ubuntu app first, then switch to my phone, the info on every subsequent notification is a copy of the last song that I played on the Ubuntu app itself (album art still updates correctly though).
3) If I play multiple songs from the same album, only the first song shows a notification.
- Ubuntu 20.04 LTS (GNOME 3.36.2)
- Spotify version 18.104.22.1681.gbe11e53b-15, installed via Ubuntu Software store
I understand that this issue is probably relevant to a very small userbase, but I really would like to have desktop notifications while listening on my phone (as it has better audio output quality). Would really appreciate if this can be fixed!