Announcements

[Linux] Fedora RPM package for F17-F19

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: Fedora RPM package for F17-F18

Community Legend

The warning stems from a new check in the wrapper script. I added because some users had problems accessing audio devices without being member of the audio group.

Seems that audio access is fine in F18 for users with default setup (pulseaudio). Perhaps best to just remove this test.
 You can do it yourself by patching  the /usr/bin/spotify script. Otherwise, stay tuned for an update.

Highlighted

Re: Fedora RPM package for F17-F18

Regular

I modified and patched the script (/usr/bin/spotify) and the message has disappeared (of course).. Thanks..

Highlighted

Re: [Linux] Fedora RPM package for F17-F18

Community Legend

I have updated the 0.9.0 spec . Fixes:

• The bad check for autdio group membership in wrapper (see above).
  • Updating version info in wrapper.
  • Fixing a missing link to licenses.xhtml used in  Help|Show Licenses command.

The instructions are the same, follow Solution link from top of this thread. New release:  0.9.0.133.gd18ed58.259-2

Highlighted

Regular

It might be a temporary problem, but...

Getting https://github.com/leamas/spotify-make/archive/fcc05c0a291847113894ad420b70b2e3f6b18ceb/spotify-make... to ./spotify-make-0.9.0.133.gd18ed58.259-fcc05c0.tar.gz
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
100   161  100   161    0     0    226      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--   353
  0     0    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:00:01 --:--:--     0
curl: (22) The requested URL returned error: 503 Service Unavailable

I'll try agan later..

Highlighted

Community Legend

It works for me (TM)

Highlighted

Regular

All good.. It must have been a temporary issue..

Highlighted

Regular

Hey everyone,

Just want to install Spotify on my Fedora 18. Can't find a RPM anywhere. Why is there an Ubuntu package and no Fedora one?

Highlighted

Community Legend

If you follow the "Solution" link form the top of this thread you will find instructions how to build your own RPM.

Spotify only distributes a Debian package. While I think this is a bad idea, they are certainly not alone these days. Furthermore, their license terms prohibits re-distribution. That's why there's just instructions to build a rpm instead of a download link (see the sticky thread on LInux license terms). These license terms are an even worse idea, and quite uncommon for a company in Spotify's position. Let's hope they change their mind,

Highlighted

Regular

Not satisfying. I don't know how to build a RPM and I don't want to do it. Guess I'll have to wait. Thanks anyway.

Highlighted

Community Legend

Not that I find it hard to understand your position, not at all. That said, if waiting you'll have to wait until Spotify changes their license terms which probably doesn't happen overnight. It was actually quite recently they clarified those terms.

Also, you don't really have to know how to build a rpm to follow those instructions. Having used a terminal window a little certainly helps, though. In this 9-page thread no one has so far reported any problems building the rpm.

BTW: I'm not affiliated with Spotify in any way.

SUGGESTED POSTS