Linux Spotify Not Connecting

Linux Spotify Not Connecting

Anonymous5

Anyone else experiencing issues connecting with the Linux client? I'm using Mint Kde.

13 Replies

Re: Linux Spotify Not Connecting

changnesia
Regular

Yes, same issue here on Ubuntu.

MicWit
Regular

Same here (Ubuntu), web spotify is not loading either!

TMV
Regular

Im having some related problems, i can log with my spotify account normally, but when i try to use the browse/activity/radio features it keep loading forever. I can acess some stuff trough the search mechanism, but definetely something is wrong here. ( Im on Ubuntu)

MicWit
Regular

I can find artists etc in the search, however, when I click on them, the screen stays blank.

TJ_V
Music Fan

It is an issue with the spotify servers. What I have found is that the spotify app for PC/Linux still works but not the Web Player.

The only way I have found to start or manage a radio station is from a mobile device with spotify installed and use spotify connect to run the station from a PC/Linux. This works for me and I hope this can work for you guys also. 

Just a Random Guy trying to help those in need.

“I choose a lazy person to do a hard job. Because a lazy person will find an easy way to do it.”

― Bill Gates

TMV
Regular
Im actually having my issues on the app not the web player

TJ_V
Music Fan

The app on the Computer or the App on the Phone?

“I choose a lazy person to do a hard job. Because a lazy person will find an easy way to do it.”

― Bill Gates

TMV
Regular
Computer

TJ_V
Music Fan

As I had Mention in my previous post, The Spotify Servers are having some issues and there is nothing we can do except wait till the Spotify Staff roll out a Server update so the radio functions are back online. Many users seem to be having the endless loading circle when trying to acces radio stations. SO you are not alone.

The only way I have found to fix it (Requires Premium) is to use the Spotify mobile app to start a radio station and then use Connect to play the station on a PC.

― Bill Gates
SUGGESTED POSTS