Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Mountpoints are not visible in local file source dialogue

Mountpoints are not visible in local file source dialogue

Plan

Premium

Country

UK 

Device

Dell XPS-15

Operating System

Linux - Ubuntu 18.04

Installed version

1.0.80.474.gef6b503e-7

My Question or Issue

Hi there,

I'm trying to add a local folder of music to my laptop's spotify install. The folder is:

/dev/nvme0n1p7 on /insecure type fuseblk (ro,relatime,user_id=0,group_id=0,default_permissions,allow_other,blksize=4096)

which is an unencrypted NTFS partition shared with the other operating systems on this machine.

When I try to browse to it in the Spotify settings it simply isn't visible (see attached), nor are the other mountpoints at the root of the filesystem.

If I manually run zenity --file-selection --directory I do see it. I also cannot follow symlinks to get into this filesystem.

How can I get around this?

Screenshot from 2018-07-03 13-57-21.png
1 Reply

I can't help but I'm getting something similar, here's hoping it's related.

Mountpoints are visible for me and I can select one but when I actually start downloading to use offline, my mounted drive volume doesn't change at all.

Weirdly enough, spotify seems to create the folder structure on the mounted drive - it just doesn't put anything in it. If I set the "save to" folder to be the internal default, I get files. If I then change that setting to the mounted drive, the next time I open Spotify, the files appear very briefly and are quickly wiped away.

Plan

Premium

Country

UK 

Device

Acer Chromebook CB1-131

Operating System

Linux - GalliumOS 2.1 (based on Ubuntu 16.04)

Installed version

1.0.80.480.g51b03ac3

Screenshot_2018-07-05_21-40-42-dfprintout.png
Screenshot_2018-07-05_21-49-01-spotifyfilesonexternal.png
Screenshot_2018-07-05_21-49-18-spotifyfileswipedonexternal.png

Suggested posts