Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Problem with Localization

Problem with Localization

Hi,

I just uppgraded to premium, but now I have a problem.

Until now the recommended top lists were either in Swedish (the language i chose for my OS and Spotify itself) or English and the lists that refer to one's country refered to Sweden (probably because of my OS settings and/or my Swedish IP address).  But since the upgrade to premium the national lists refer to Austria -- probably because my credit card that I used was issued my a Austrian bank.  I'm however not at all interested in that Austrian stuff and as far as I can tell there is no way to change the country setting back.  Or did I miss that?

The screenshot shows that the language setting actually is Swedish (although some playlists are never the less not only in English, but also German), but the Austrian playlists are displayed.

If anything is unclear just ask... especially since English isn't my first language and this text for sure contains some errors.

I use the current version of Spotify for GNU/Linux (0.9.17.1).

Skärmbild från 2015-06-08 21:16:17.png
2 Replies

Similar wish, please use the language set in preferences for the playlist suggestions / overview tab. Not location based.

spotify-languages.jpg

I'm an expat living in Finland, I do not care about local music the slightest bit, it would be really nice to be able to pick the localization country 😞

Suggested posts