Settings don't open on Linux

Solved!

Settings don't open on Linux

mhoran85
Casual Listener

1. Device: Lenovo X1 Carbon running Debian Jessie
2. Spotify Premium Account.
3. Spotify version 1:1.0.38.171.g5e1cd7b2-22
4. When I click the arrow in the upper-right hand corner and click Settings, nothing happens.
5. Steps to reproduce:

1. Click the arrow in the upper right hand corner.
2. Click Settings.

I tried the steps from https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Linux-Windows-Web-Player/Spotify-Settings-Don-t-Open/m-p/14... but they did not resolve my issue.

I also tried removing .config/spotify and .cache/spotify to no avail. I know that at one point in time this menu did work, but it has been quite some time.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: Settings don't open on Linux

wmesko

Yes. Using Fedora 25 on Wayland. Keyboard workaround ok here.

31 Replies

Dreadlord
Community Legend

Hello @mhoran85,

Welcome to Spotify Community!

Can you try catch the console output when clicking on the settings button?

Open up Spotify from the terminal and click spam Settings button. If you notice any output in the console caused by the click on Settings button, copy-paste it here so I can take a look : )

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | Website |
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

mhoran85
Casual Listener

Hey @Dreadlord,

I noticed that there was nothing in the console when I clicked on settings, so I figured something else might be up. Instead of trying to click settings, I hit the enter key when settings was highlighted. That worked!

So there seems to be something funky about click targets and Spotify. I can click most other things just fine -- it's just the settings menu that's acting up.

I have a HiDPI screen, so maybe that has something to do with it?

Spotify
Spotify

Thanks. This was the first time I heard about keyboard working, not mouse. I've seen this problem being reported a few times now, but I have never been able to reproduce it. This might help narrow it down.

rudgas
Casual Listener

Same behavior on arch linux.

devhen
Casual Listener

Same problem on two machines running Fedora 25 with Wayland. I have a third machine on Fedora 24 without Wayland and it doesn't have this problem.

diegoribeiro
Casual Listener

On a machine with Fedora 25 and Wayland, I can't access the settings options. For a workaround, I logged on the system with the Xorg. After updating the settings, I logged again with the Wayland.

I realized that some applications used by me do not seem to be fully compatible with Wayland (like the Spotify client) and bugs happen.

Spotify
Spotify

For those of you that have this problem because Spotify has some problem with Wayland, does the keyboard workaround described above work?

devhen
Casual Listener
Yeah the keyboard workaround works for me on Wayland in Fedora 25.

rudgas
Casual Listener

I'm not running wayland, but the behavior is the same, nothing on clicking but keyboard works.

(Arch Linux 4.8.13-1-ARCH + Openbox)

SUGGESTED POSTS