Spotify can't play any local mp3 files

Solved!

Spotify can't play any local mp3 files

Plan

Premium

Operating System

Arch Linux

My Issue

I just started using Spotify, and I don't know if this is a problem specifically with Linux.

Some of my music doesn't exist on Spotify, so I added a local folder with music (mp3 files). However, when I try to play any of these files udner Local Files, it says: "Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it."

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi,I have the same exact problem.

I open another issue but now i will close.

I waste 3 hours but I find the solution, I resolve by replacing the ffmpeg-compat-54 with ffmpeg-compat-57, and now it work.

I hope that this is helpful.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

I found this: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/spotify#Can't_play_local_files

But after installing ffmpeg-compat-54, now Spotify just crashes (segfault) when I try to play a local song. It outputs this into the terminal:

[mp3 @ 0x7f91387d71c0] max_analyze_duration 5000000 reached at 5015510 microseconds
/usr/bin/spotify: line 2:  1672 Segmentation fault      (core dumped) /usr/share/spotify/spotify "$@"

Any ideas what I can try?

Marked as solution

Hi,I have the same exact problem.

I open another issue but now i will close.

I waste 3 hours but I find the solution, I resolve by replacing the ffmpeg-compat-54 with ffmpeg-compat-57, and now it work.

I hope that this is helpful.

Thanks, that fixed it!

Suggested posts