1. Your device and operating system: Alienware 15 R3, Kubuntu 17.10 x64
2. Type of Spotify account you have (Free/ Premium): Premium
3. The app version of Spotify you’re using: 184.108.40.2068.g758ebd78
4. Brief description of the issue: Starting today, Spotify began to constantly consume 100% of a single CPU. This starts immediately after the application is opened, starting or stopping playback doesn't affect it. I've tried cleaning the cache as mentioned in troubleshooting, didn't help.
5. Steps to reproduce the issue: - start Spotify
P.S. I've tried attaching the strace log (the normal one didn't have anything in it), but the page errors out with: "The file spotify-dump.txt does not have a valid extension for an attachment and has been removed. jpg,gif,pdf,png,zip,.mp4 are the valid extensions.", and, to be even more helpful, deletes my post's text... Not the title, though. Since I can't paste 6MB in here, I've put it in a gist