Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Ubuntu cannot open spotify by facebook login

Ubuntu cannot open spotify by facebook login

Plan

Family

Country

Brasil

Device

PC

Operating System

Ubuntu 18.04.5 LTS

My Question or Issue

Cannot open Spotify by Facebook login, the message says that I need to update Spotify but it is already in the latest version

Screenshot from 2021-01-19 11-11-28.png
Screenshot from 2021-01-19 11-12-08.png
7 Replies

They haven't updated the deb package for ubuntu. The snap package seems to be on a newer version. That sucks since the native version is far better.

1-Inicias sesion en la web de spotify

2- Te dirijes donde dice Crea la contraseña de tu "dispositivo"

3- Te va adar un numero de usuario y en un recuadro verde que dice "Envia un correo para establer tu contraseña" le das y te va mandar un correo con un link.

4- Una vez entres a el link inicias sesion con tu cuenta (Facebook) y te va pedir establecer una contraseña, la pones y LISTO

5- Regresas a Spotify en Ubuntu y pones el usuario que dio en el paso #3 y la contraseña que pusiste en el paso #5

That would fix the login but, the main problem is that the native version of the app hasn't been updated.

Oh wow! I was hit by that issue as well and had to go back to using snap. I was using a .deb installation before.

I was kind of randomly logged out as well...

You can actually create a Spotify password, so you would be able to log into your Spotify user with your email and password instead of having to use Facebook login.
Check out this article to learn a little more of it and to reset. 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

That's not really a Solution is it. The error is thrown for a reason, the native app hasn't been updated in a while. That's kinda giving the shaft to paying customers.

I know. I haven't created a Spotify password yet either, I like the 2factor auth Facebook offers.

I can't tell when the native app would get an update. Hopefully it's sooner than later.

The oldest version that allows to log in with Facebook is 1.1.44.

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Excelente, muchas gracias!

Suggested posts